Cork Footballers

Ye should rethink that strategy, Fox, considering ye have only won two counties in 70 years. The big four, eh ! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Only Nemo and Castlehaven have won more counties than Clon in the last 30 years.

The big 4 stand clearly atop Cork football in terms of success and tradition, the gap is absolutely enormous. Particular credit is due to the 2 rural clubs in the big 4 as we simply don’t have the huge playing numbers the 2 city teams have at their disposal.

The Barrs aren’t averse to accepting players from outside their boundaries either, isn’t Shieldsy a B-town man?
Oh here’s dumber to join his other half dumb 🤣

Blue blood running through Shieldsy’s veins since he was in nappies, do try up your game if you want to compete with the big boys 🤣

Birth has nothing to do with it. If your great grandfather wasn’t on the 39’ county winning Clon team you are considered a blow in down here.
Reminds me of the time where one of our adult players didn't like something he thought I did in relation to an admin task. Our family have been in the area since 1940, but he'd been in national school when I had emigrated, and presumably didn't know of me until I came back (over 20 years ago now), so his put-down of me was "who are you anyway, only a blow-in!" (I didn't bother to explain, and left him off with his misapprehension).

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Insiders

Cantys, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼