Cork Club Championships

5 Of our 6 Club Championship winners { not St. Catherines and Kilmurry of course who were runners up } have now reached there respective Munster Finals , none won yet of course but it might be saying that our club championships are making our clubs stronger ....best of luck to all 5 in the finals....either way some going to get 5 into the finals.

Cork1990 sher its impossible to say after one year all had favourable draws and Cill na Matra had to play the kerry champions who had a lot of players with mid kerry and had only one their own club championship the weekend before. I think youd have to give this 5 years and see the amount of Munster championships won then before judging.

i think its not fair to judge the new structures based on munster club championships. Given the discrepancies between counties effective structures might not necessilary ring through. From a club/player standpoint i think the structures are very enjoyable and a lot of even matches in the grades. another few years should see a further rebalancing of the levels of teams in each grade.

Renaming the lower intermediate to premier junior has obviously made a massive difference. Despite not winning the county the teams are finding it handy enough in Munster. Of course kilmurry have a difficult final ahead

Renaming the lower intermediate to premier junior has obviously made a massive difference. Despite not winning the county the teams are finding it handy enough in Munster. Of course kilmurry have a difficult final ahead

They didn’t rename lower intermediate though. They promoted a load of junior teams and took the worst of intermediate A to make 12

The interesting one on this is the rules advisory board putting pressure on cork to sort out their senior championship. They maintain there are 22 teams on it and the max allowed is 16. Cork got an extension to ‘23 and the CCB feel that the current setup is 12+1. If the rules advisory board disagree they can force the CCB to change

The interesting one on this is the rules advisory board putting pressure on cork to sort out their senior championship. They maintain there are 22 teams on it and the max allowed is 16. Cork got an extension to ‘23 and the CCB feel that the current setup is 12+1. If the rules advisory board disagree they can force the CCB to change
Yep, the noose is tightening

Yep, the noose is tightening

Hard to see what the CCB will do? Forget about divisions & colleges? Relegate clubs?

I think running the divisions comp with the colleges at the start of the year but allowing all players to represent division as a way of county ‘trial’ along with the colleges preparing for Sigerson would be vastly superior to the McGrath Cup

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Meadhbh Walsh
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

6th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Route66

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼