Cork city has gone to the dogs.

The one element that is missing/gone in areas all over Cork and other cities and counties.... Is community. It's gone.

Insular, behind the door.

Not knowing thy neighbour.... Worse violence happens there than outside on the open streets.

All we see in Cork City centre for instance could be classed as spillage.
During Covid I noticed it returning for a while.
The worst of times brings out the best in people.

The one element that is missing/gone in areas all over Cork and other cities and counties.... Is community. It's gone.

Insular, behind the door.

Not knowing thy neighbour.... Worse violence happens there than outside on the open streets.

All we see in Cork City centre for instance could be classed as spillage.
I think you’re right, especially in new housing estates.

I was lucky to have bought a house on a road in a mature park where a lot of the residents have lived here over 40/50 years and there is a great sense of community, people helping each other out borrowing tools etc

During Covid when a lot of my elderly neighbours were frightened to go to shops etc I was always happy to go for them and chat with them in the garden.

I think you’re right, especially in new housing estates.

I was lucky to have bought a house on a road in a mature park where a lot of the residents have lived here over 40/50 years and there is a great sense of community, people helping each other out borrowing tools etc

During Covid when a lot of my elderly neighbours were frightened to go to shops etc I was always happy to go for them and chat with them in the garden.

Top job.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

From Source To Sea

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼