Cork city has gone to the dogs.

Then why spend so much on security and bouncers?
Most of Bennys pubs only have security on at the weekend. Go to the Mutton Lane or the Oval midweek and you won't see security.

One reason they're needed at the weekend is to check IDs. His pubs are too busy for bar staff to be IDing everyone who orders a drink, so it makes far more sense to have them checked before entering the premises.

Another reason is that even in the safest of cities, when you have people consuming alcohol in high quantities you're always going to have the odd wanker. All it takes is one fella to kick off, and if I was a pub owner I'd rather have security deal with it than my bar staff.

Yesterday was a prime example. Lads out all day drinking in the sun and watching Cork, Munster, the FA Cup etc. There were plenty of fellas who had no business strolling into a pub at 10pm last night, and security are there to make sure they didn't.

I'm amazed that this needs to be explained to you really.

Was in town yesterday evening and fancied a slice of Pizza so went over to Frankies on the corner of South Mall/Grand Parade to grab a quick bite before meeting a friend for a drink.

The usual pack of undesirables were hanging around making a show of themselves openly drinking bottles of whiskey and being rowdy without a care in world, I seen one of the degenerates fuck and empty bottle straight into the river which pissed me off.

About two hours later I seen a fella being held down outside Impala by 3 guards who took 45mins to arrive according to a bouncer that seen the whole thing, it was the same scumbag who apparently punched a girl before being kicked up and down the road by a few lads who were drinking in Impala, I have to say I was delighted karma found this fucker.

Anyone saying violence and anti social behavior isn't rising in the City clearly doesn't visit town too often, twice this week I've seen it with my own eyes before 7pm in the evening.

Someone really needs to get a handle on this immediately.

Was in town yesterday evening and fancied a slice of Pizza so went over to Frankies on the corner of South Mall/Grand Parade to grab a quick bite before meeting a friend for a drink.

The usual pack of undesirables were hanging around making a show of themselves openly drinking bottles of whiskey and being rowdy without a care in world, I seen one of the degenerates fuck and empty bottle straight into the river which pissed me off.

About two hours later I seen a fella being held down outside Impala by 3 guards who took 45mins to arrive according to a bouncer that seen the whole thing, it was the same scumbag who apparently punched a girl before being kicked up and down the road by a few lads who were drinking in Impala, I have to say I was delighted karma found this fucker.

Anyone saying violence and anti social behavior isn't rising in the City clearly doesn't visit town too often, twice this week I've seen it with my own eyes before 7pm in the evening.

Someone really needs to get a handle on this immediately.
Oliver plunkett st last friday lunchtime four junkies roaring at each other over a deal,

It's one thing during winter when the streets are dark and quiet, and we can hide these scumbags away.

But yesterday I was in town and was thinking how absolutely lovely Cork is on a sunny day. Loads of people out shopping, having a coffee, or just wandering down Patrick Street with the kids. It was absolutely glorious.

Then I get as far as Lifestyle the Oyster Tavern and there are people standing around watching 4 or 5 absolute wasters screaming at each other in the middle of the street and holding up traffic.

Cork isn't a big city and these fuckers stand out a mile. I actually think the impact that this could have on tourism is far more pronounced in Cork than Dublin. I'm in Dublin every week and I can't tell you the last time I saw hassle on somewhere like Grafton Street, Dame Street, or College Green. Obviously Dublin is a shithole with loads of scum, but they tend to keep away from the areas most frequented by tourists.

In Cork, they are all over our two main shopping/hospitality streets.

It's one thing during winter when the streets are dark and quiet, and we can hide these scumbags away.

But yesterday I was in town and was thinking how absolutely lovely Cork is on a sunny day. Loads of people out shopping, having a coffee, or just wandering down Patrick Street with the kids. It was absolutely glorious.

Then I get as far as Lifestyle the Oyster Tavern and there are people standing around watching 4 or 5 absolute wasters screaming at each other in the middle of the street and holding up traffic.

Cork isn't a big city and these fuckers stand out a mile. I actually think the impact that this could have on tourism is far more pronounced in Cork than Dublin. I'm in Dublin every week and I can't tell you the last time I saw hassle on somewhere like Grafton Street, Dame Street, or College Green. Obviously Dublin is a shithole with loads of scum, but they tend to keep away from the areas most frequented by tourists.

Yup.
Needed to be nipped in the bud but the "ah shur it's not that bad" brigade said we were overreacting.
At any 1 shift we are down 120 Gardaí in Cork City.
Guy on with PJ today said there was a fight by Merchants Quay at 2.30pm Saturday afternoon and a guy was waving a knife around.
Couldn't get through to the Gardaí and the fight held up traffic.
All perfectly acceptable according to the absolute dregs on here.
They think of that as a family reunion.

They all hang around O’Connell St and adjacent streets. Abbey St is an absolute shithole.

Same junkies around hassling people day in day out.

GPO girl - roundy faced girl hangs around GPO or top of Maylor Street hassling people for a few euro daily.

Bearded hunched young lad with a cup a knuckledragger- very annoying also, often around the bottom of oliver plunkett street or princes street.

Then you have the foreign lads with the I'm hungry signs.

There is more and more of them in the city now it is becoming no mans land especially around Winthrop street where the dealing seems to take place outside Boojum/Mac Donalds

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 4pm

More events ▼