Cork city has gone to the dogs.

Would this get as much attention if it was Chíost Rí or Mayfield Community School?
Neither school in the city centre.

Neither school wears a blazer.

This is nothing new.

Back in the day any school kid with (and sometimes even without) a blazer walking down a side/back street was just asking to get 'hopped' as they use to say.

The blazers were like a red flag to a bull to feral young fellahs from the marsh area of the city

Hearing reports of a house been smashed up by a gang in frankfield tonight,

The family living there have vanished now and their car was removed today by Ardfallen Motors. I doubt they'll be back

Very strange situation going on there, I lived near them for a while and could never figure out what the story was. There wouldn't be a week go by without a Garda car or an ambulance outside the gaff. The house was a total eyesore too, you'd have all the neighbours with their houses nicely painted and gardens in good shape, and then you see this one in the middle of them all with the front garden full of rubbish.

Based on what I've heard about last night they were there to hide, and were found last night.

The family living there have vanished now and their car was removed today by Ardfallen Motors. I doubt they'll be back

Very strange situation going on there, I lived near them for a while and could never figure out what the story was. There wouldn't be a week go by without a Garda car or an ambulance outside the gaff. The house was a total eyesore too, you'd have all the neighbours with their houses nicely painted and gardens in good shape, and then you see this one in the middle of them all with the front garden full of rubbish.

Based on what I've heard about last night they were there to hide, and were found last night.
Culture?

Perhaps

Actually as an aside I totally forgot this -

That fella with the brain injury who'd be around town was on George's Quay today throwing coffee at people they'd pass him. When the cup was empty then he fucked it into oncoming traffic on the road

Perhaps

That fella with the brain injury who'd be around town was on George's Quay today throwing coffee at people they'd pass him. When the cup was empty then he fucked it into oncoming traffic on the road
Jeez how the feck is that fella still left in town. Poor bollox is a mess and somebody will hurt him for his carry on.

THU, 08 FEB, 2024 - 01:02
EOIN ENGLISH

Cork school warns students to beware 'intimidation' on city streets​

Presentation Brothers College wrote to parents and guardians warning of 'unwarranted attention and intimidation'

Students of a prestigious fee-paying school in Cork City have been advised to avoid quiet side streets following reports that some city-based students are being intimidated by gangs of youths.

The warning was issued to the parents and guardians of students of Presentation Brothers College on the Mardyke in what was described as an important student safety notice. The school was not available for comment.
It said it has become aware that a small number of students from city centre schools have been “subjected to unwarranted attention and intimidation from a number of youths”. The notice said:

We would ask you to speak to your son about this, and remind him to avoid the quieter side streets and, as much as possible, to keep in a group.

“In an effort to help keep all our students safe we are asking parents to please consider where your son goes after school, and how he travels home.”

“If any such incident should happen, we would ask you to please let the school and the gardaí know.

“Together we will do our best to keep our students safe.”

A senior garda spokesman said while there have been a number of minor incidents involving students in some areas where many teenagers congregate after school, there have been no serious incidents so far.

Fine Gael councillor Damian Boylan, chairman of the Cork City Joint Policing Committee, said “no citizen of the city should have to avoid any street”.
“As a student, Cork City was wide open to me and I would be adamant that should remain so,” he said.
“I will be speaking with senior gardaí in the city and getting their feedback.”

Stay well clear of the Victoria sporting club lads.

Perhaps

That fella is a complete pity. Those who know him defend him but my experience of him is not pleasant.

He shouldn’t be around the streets on his own. Some scumbag will give him a hiding one of these days.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼