Cork City FC -a scrapbook

Thanks for posting this Bluff.

I watched it last night and it was absolutely brilliant.

Some really great memories.

Maybe it's just me but i feel that Cork City are gone now.

:cool:
You are spot on I think Ponti. I've got memories of the Cork Hibs 1971-1976 era and the huge crowds at The Lodge. Cork United and subsequently Cork City came along and while City had a great following it wasn't like the Hibs days.
Older generations have seen various Cork clubs be successful for a time and then vanish. With competition fron the P.L. and the conversion of Irish people into armchair spectators for a large part of the year, I don't think that you'll ever have a big club in Cork again.
Two errors in the programme relating to Cork Hibs though. Firstly, Miah Dennehy didn't go to Forrest until January 1973. Secondly, it said that Dave Bacuzzi was fired shortly after Hibs won the Cup in 1973. This is not accurate as he was shafted very close to the end of the 1973/74 season shortly before the final home game against Shamrock Rovers. That was the day of the massive protest which went from The City Hall to The Lodge before the game. Most of the protesters didn't enter to see the game. I know as I was there and was seen on the telly.
One final thing. Isn't the footage of your one Feeney firing holy water all over the place cringeworthy?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Funny Fridays Special
City Limits, Coburg St.

24th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Song Of Granite (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:05pm

More events ▼