Chris Wilder goes bang.

Some won’t believe in it but I think no fans has hurt them more than others. They had made Bramall Lane into a really hard place to go to with the help of the home support. They weren’t half the team upon returning from lockdown, combined with injuries to the back 3 which doesn’t help of course.

Also their purchases up front completely backfired. McBurnie is probably the worst striker to ever play in the PL. Brewster has failed them badly too. They needed all these things to go right to stay competing.

I happened to be in England last season and saw them play live. They were away from home and won but they were awful. They had a good start got on a run and went with it. They had a good work ethic, they still have, but the belief is gone now.

I think they have made a mistake. Wilder has done a good job and being relegated could be just part of a longer term process .

I happened to be in England last season and saw them play live. They were away from home and won but they were awful. They had a good start got on a run and went with it. They had a good work ethic, they still have, but the belief is gone now.

I think they have made a mistake. Wilder has done a good job and being relegated could be just part of a longer term process .

Being relegated is a very dangerous time for a club. They talk about coming straight back up but forget to stabilise the club. Wilder would 100% keep them stable and at worst they’d be mid table Championship. Often clubs sack a manager and go into freefall as players leave and new ones come in. It’s too much change at once.

SU are pretty much built to be a Championship team. They don’t have many, if any, players above that level so they should be fine but they’d be better with Wilder managing them there than anyone else.

Being relegated is a very dangerous time for a club. They talk about coming straight back up but forget to stabilise the club. Wilder would 100% keep them stable and at worst they’d be mid table Championship. Often clubs sack a manager and go into freefall as players leave and new ones come in. It’s too much change at once.

SU are pretty much built to be a Championship team. They don’t have many, if any, players above that level so they should be fine but they’d be better with Wilder managing them there than anyone else.

Agreed

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

The Days Of Trees (16)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼