Chinese Communist Party 100 anniversary and Taiwan

King Silkbeard

This year marks the 100 anniversary of CCP and their has been a lot of noises out of Beijing to unify the island of Taiwan with the mainland. As always the US is having none of this and valiantly coming to the aid of the Taiwan gvt.

Does all of this inevitable lead to a confrontation between the two powers over the island? China is pretty insistent about unification and resents western intervention meanwhile the US has plenty of regional allies that would oppose Chinese aggression against the island.

It is certainly an issue that could potentially bring about another war but this time no Afghanistan style war but a really big war between two of the biggest powers you could even have Russia and Iran getting sucked in fighting against NATO if it gets too serious.

This year marks the 100 anniversary of CCP and their has been a lot of noises out of Beijing to unify the island of Taiwan with the mainland. As always the US is having none of this and valiantly coming to the aid of the Taiwan gvt.

Does all of this inevitable lead to a confrontation between the two powers over the island? China is pretty insistent about unification and resents western intervention meanwhile the US has plenty of regional allies that would oppose Chinese aggression against the island.

It is certainly an issue that could potentially bring about another war but this time no Afghanistan style war but a really big war between two of the biggest powers you could even have Russia and Iran getting sucked in fighting against NATO if it gets too serious.
I doubt it.

I don’t see Russia or Iran being willing to bleed for China. And China would become a total world pariah if the invaded Taiwan.

Listen to the yank who tends to be always spot on when it comes to politics

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

But commie scum are commie scum.
Actually, I usually am. Just like you are almost always wrong.

But I’ve been hearing the “commie scum are about to invade Taiwan” crap for sixty years. It’s good copy for American military appropriations, which are being debated at this moment. Not that you know anything about the US. 😂

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼