Cash or no cash?

I worked in a retail job a few years ago, Many a time a customer would say " im paying cash and dont want a reciept" It was almost like
saying put the money in your pocket, Of course i never did,

I worked in a retail job a few years ago, Many a time a customer would say " im paying cash and dont want a reciept" It was almost like
saying put the money in your pocket,
Of course i never did,

Was it? :oops:

Of course one of the upsides of paying by card is it cuts out that kind of temptation to those employees who feel cash payments without receipts are somehow invites to steal :rolleyes:

I know people who carry a tenner if they're doing any semi-serious out-and-about thing. Picking something heavy up, reversing a trailer into a tight space, getting something serviced. They figure if they need a bit of help there'll always be a teenager who if you ask them will be handy for five minutes and be only delighted to get ten quid shoved in their paw.

People will not realise the effects until the horse has bolted. Imagine another lockdown , in a cashless society a person may have no means of income outside of their 5k radius as an example as your card would be linked to an address.
What about giving a few Bob to the local lad cutting a few lawns in the area or five or ten euro here and there for people really stuck?
On red fm yesterday I think I heard that a restaurant in glammire will not take cash and someone just refused to pay unless they did, and they did.
Load up trolleys full of food in supermarkets if this ever gets in and leave them at the checkout if cash is refused, they can have great fun putting all the products back on the shelves.
It was proposed during the pandemic that irish citizens' (subjects or minions would be more like it) adherence to the 5 km rule be monitored using their card payment trail. Holohan rejected the advice and it wouldn't have been effective anyway cos cash was widely available. But if there were no cash ...

This thread⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

old.jpg
Nailed it 👍👍

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Jennifer Lyons

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼