British and Irish Lions tour to NZ 2017

Gatts got the gig. Looks to be one of the toughest tours ever with the Kiwis releasing their players back to their clubs for the early/midweek games.

Who be captain? Hartley?

Gatts got the gig. Looks to be one of the toughest tours ever with the Kiwis releasing their players back to their clubs for the early/midweek games.

Who be captain? Hartley?

I dunno... It would be a huge thing for a kiwi to captain a lions tour in new Zealand.

The only other options are warberton or pom.

Any other would be from left field

I dunno... It would be a huge thing for a kiwi to captain a lions tour in new Zealand.

The only other options are warberton or pom.

Any other would be from left field

That was my reasoning behind Hartley, that and the fact that captaining England has improved him (still despise him though :) ) Jamie George will push Hartley for hooker unless he is captain. I don't think Warburton or POM will start, I think the back row will be Faletau,SOB and Vunipolo. Saying that there is a long season ahead and Gatts has a horn for Warburton.

The British Loins tour is one of those great Sports Forum events that brings everyone together.

Looking forward to the high jinx and kangaroo courts

Nice leak on Tuesday night before the announcement, took a photo of him outside the sponsor's HQ, sure there'd be no press around there!

They'll be onto a hiding anyway. Even the midweek teams will be lining them up as Wales found out against the Chiefs.

Warburton will surely be captain, Wyn-Jones is another shout but he's been pretty awful lately.

It was ruined forever for me by the way Drico was treated last time out.

It's a long way off and maybe the excitement will become too infectious but with that cur Gatland involved, at this point I'd be supporting the New Zealanders.

It was ruined forever for me by the way Drico was treated last time out.

It's a long way off and maybe the excitement will become too infectious but with that cur Gatland involved, at this point I'd be supporting the New Zealanders.

Jayzuz Tony, I was watching some clips of the Lions & Irish in South Africa 74 (was a boy then) and 71 tour...the game has changed (to me) beyond recognition, watching guys who seem to have been reared in Gymnasiums compared with the artists who played back then... guess am just getting old, will keep a slanted eye on the Tests.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Blades
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

7th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Cork Roots Festival: Lemoncello

Coughlan's, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼