Brazil

Considering going to World Cup next year,Anyone been there

Was in Rio last year loved it, It's soooo expensive though for accomidation, drink & food which are all shite qaulity compared to other south american country's. Saying that I was staying in the tourist trap of Copacabanna/Ipanema. Great city but will be manic for wc but im thinking about going myself.

The best advise I could give you is book waaaay in advance as the best places to stay will fill up very quickly and prices for shit holes will go through the roof.

It will cost you alot of Money but it will be worth it.

Was in Rio last year loved it, It's soooo expensive though for accomidation, drink & food which are all shite qaulity compared to other south american country's. Saying that I was staying in the tourist trap of Copacabanna/Ipanema. Great city but will be manic for wc but im thinking about going myself.

The best advise I could give you is book waaaay in advance as the best places to stay will fill up very quickly and prices for shit holes will go through the roof.

It will cost you alot of Money but it will be worth it.

Yeah you'd need to plan well in advance,Is there much dodgy spots where the partying will go down ? Obviously there's bound to be some but will it be secure

Yeah you'd need to plan well in advance,Is there much dodgy spots where the partying will go down ? Obviously there's bound to be some but will it be secure

Rio is a very differnt city these days to what it was a few years ago they have really cleaned the streets up around the tourist area, Now saying that you still need approach with the same caution you would anywhere else but you can be sure for the World Cup they will have Police/Army on every street corner they have to much at stake particularly with Olympics the following year.

I was there about two years ago, didn't really like it to be honest, it was well dodgy and filthy dirty. I'm not a shy tourist either, that was the last stop for us on a around the world trip, of the 120+ odd cities I was in that was the only one I had trouble in. But as citdj says it might have been cleaned up by now, plus there will be masses of police / army about. He is right about accommodation prices to, it will be phenomenally expensive, in the region of 100+ bucks a night I reckon, that's for dorm accommodation. Saying all that though, if there is any time to go to Rio it will be then, they know how to party!...

Was in Rio a few months ago. Very expensive, get accommodation sorted now.
As usual where there building the stadium for the final is in shit hole. But im sure army/police will be around every corner for the world cup.

I felt safe enough in Rio, Sao Paulo i didnt.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Hank Wedel
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

13th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Underground Loft

The Roundy, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼