Boston

I'm travelling to Boston on 14th of march for 4 days with my 12 year old son.I was wondering if anyone here has been with kids and is there much to do and see while we are there.Thanks in advance.

Haven't been there with kids, but the Duck Tours are something they would enjoy. When a gang of us were on it, there was loads of kids did it, and all seemed to enjoy it. The driver is fairly funny and it's a fairly light hearted tour of the city.

http://www.bostonducktours.com/

They have a few departure points, but probably the best one, is outside the Museum of Science.
http://www.mos.org/

Do the Museum of Science first(again loads of interesting stuff for kids in there) get something to eat there, and afterwards, the Duck Tour will pick you up right outside the building and bring yee on their tour.

Haven't been there with kids, but the Duck Tours are something they would enjoy. When a gang of us were on it, there was loads of kids did it, and all seemed to enjoy it. The driver is fairly funny and it's a fairly light hearted tour of the city.

http://www.bostonducktours.com/

They have a few departure points, but probably the best one, is outside the Museum of Science.
http://www.mos.org/

Do the Museum of Science first(again loads of interesting stuff for kids in there) get something to eat there, and afterwards, the Duck Tour will pick you up right outside the building and bring yee on their tour.
Cheers the season is closed until the 21st of March for the duck tour I'm sure we'll find something to do thanks for the info anyway.

I'm travelling to Boston on 14th of march for 4 days with my 12 year old son.I was wondering if anyone here has been with kids and is there much to do and see while we are there.Thanks in advance.

If he's into history you could walk around the city following the red line, I think its called the Freedom Trail visiting all the historical sites that make up the beginning of the American Revolution.
The John Hancock Tower the tallest building in Boston, the Tea Party Museum, Fenway Park home of the Red Sox, Gillette Stadium in Foxboro ( about 20 miles from Boston to the South ) home of the New England Patriots, Fanueil Hall area a little like the English market. For yourself South Shore Plaza for shopping. Enjoy

If he's into history you could walk around the city following the red line, I think its called the Freedom Trail visiting all the historical sites that make up the beginning of the American Revolution.
The John Hancock Tower the tallest building in Boston, the Tea Party Museum, Fenway Park home of the Red Sox, Gillette Stadium in Foxboro ( about 20 miles from Boston to the South ) home of the New England Patriots, Fanueil Hall area a little like the English market. For yourself South Shore Plaza for shopping. Enjoy

regarding the Hancock, observation deck is closed there I think. Prudential centre has great observation deck though and while there, take him downstairs to the Cheesecake factory for lunch, come hungry and be warned the portions are absolutely huge, but well worth it.
Take him to Cambridge and show him around Harvard etc.
Not sure if it's running at that time of year but the Whale watching tour that goes from next to the Aquarium can be a good day out, if the seas are rough give it a skip though.

Yes, pretty sure that Hancock Tower is closed since 9-11. Go to the 'pru' or prudential centre instead.
Try the aquarium, worth a visit but a tad bit overpriced imo. Definitely go to the science Musuem. I have been to it 3 times. Great when you have a day to burn and you can really take in everything. Go to the Cambridge Galleria after, 5min walk, and you have a choice of loads of restaurants there.
Take a tour of Fenway and get the usual red-sox gear. well worth a look.
Show around Harvard, Dunno how good that is to a kid but worth it for yourself.
Wouldn't bother going to MIT but if you want to you can get off at the Kendall stop, take a look at one of David Drumms old office and have a look around the campus.
If i think of other stuff i'll post.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼