Bins/Recycling

Location?
There isn't a great pile of difference between them now price wise. Where they differ is the amount of bins like I only have a blue and green whereas my mother has the same and one for glass as well

Location?
There isn't a great pile of difference between them now price wise. Where they differ is the amount of bins like I only have a blue and green whereas my mother has the same and one for glass as well

Thanks CIY,

Cork City.

There seems to be no genuine recycling crowd out there.

Thanks CIY,

Cork City.

There seems to be no genuine recycling crowd out there.

Best option is to do it yourself.

Separate out your rubbish and bring it to the dump. Much cheaper and afaik the stuff you bring there was recycling is actually recycled.

I think it costs us about €50 a year to deal with our rubbish. 2 adult and 2 smallies (including nappies!)

I don't understand what you mean by genuine recycling, are you suggesting that those collecting the bins are not recycling.

I have three bins from Country Clean - one green for rubbish, one red for glass (all glass), and one blue which takes tins, cans, plastics and cardboard all trí na chéile. In 2019, that's incredibly poor. I have no confidence that the contents of my blue bin is separated somewhere else. The easy thing is for me to do it at source.

Just wondering if there's a company out there that makes a better fist of it.

Best option is to do it yourself.

Separate out your rubbish and bring it to the dump. Much cheaper and afaik the stuff you bring there was recycling is actually recycled.

I think it costs us about €50 a year to deal with our rubbish. 2 adult and 2 smallies (including nappies!)

Thanks Matlock, may have to do that.

I have three bins from Country Clean - one green for rubbish, one red for glass (all glass), and one blue which takes tins, cans, plastics and cardboard all trí na chéile. In 2019, that's incredibly poor. I have no confidence that the contents of my blue bin is separated somewhere else. The easy thing is for me to do it at source.

Just wondering if there's a company out there that makes a better fist of it.

It is separated because plastic is sold separately as is the tin and cans with CountryClean anyway.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Underground Loft

The Roundy, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼