Batsh*t Crazy Green Party

FFS, these have been proposed and had general plans for a generation or more. This slow, slow, slower time-scale is crazy. Even Ryan this morning admitted that it makes no sense to try to get private cars off the road without providing viable public transport options first. These interminable delays in actual on-the-ground viable public transport make as little sense as 19 months to try process International Assylum Applicants, at the end of which if they're unsuccessful they'll be "asked" rather than made leave.

The Greens should stop trying to lecture people about reducing the use of private transport until the Greens get their finger out and actually provide a viable public transport option!
Well vote for your local green candidate then. The more people that do the more these projects get prioritised. Simple really.

Friend of my lives near Midleton and uses the railway to get to work. He has said outside of 7.30 to 8.30 in the morning and 5-6.30 in the evening the train would be almost empty leaving Midleton and there is no need for a 2nd track.

Friend of my lives near Midleton and uses the railway to get to work. He has said outside of 7.30 to 8.30 in the morning and 5-6.30 in the evening the train would be almost empty leaving Midleton and there is no need for a 2nd track.
The for once are wisely building in for future capacity and induced demand there are 1,000's of new homes either under construction or in the planning system along the line.

Providing a good resource for use creates an incentive for use.

Last edited:
If I’ve misunderstood feel free to set me straight. More than happy to have misinterpreted it.
It would certainly seem so cc.

What I posted was:
Ryan being made the Minister for Transport is as bizarre as having Harold Shipman Minister for the Elderly 😔

As in it was a very bizarre appointment.

But you misconstrued that to somehow "Eamon Ryan is akin to a GP who murdered his own patients is he?"

Do you see it now?

Kent station is being renovated at the moment. Extra platforms being added and signalling works being done to enable it to cater for extra traffic. No point building new stations if we don’t have the rail infrastructure to cater for additional capacity.

20+ years on from the previous time they'd put plans in place.

DART and Luas, are up and actually running, transporting people on public transport, for the last 40 and 20 years respectively!!!!! And already they're talking about the urgent need for putting in place a Metro.

Meanwhile, Kent station is being renovated at the moment.

Cars being driven in Cork, Limerick, Galway, etc are every bit as bad for the environment as those in Dublin.

With all the new stations going on the Cork/Midleton line anyone care to guess if it would be faster to go by car.

Depends on whether or not you use that new 250M piece of road ;)

Should be able to travel faster between stations if they've improved the infrastructure. No @rsing about, get on or get off the train, and on to the next station pdq.

It would certainly seem so cc.

What I posted was:

As in it was a very bizarre appointment.

But you misconstrued that to somehow "Eamon Ryan is akin to a GP who murdered his own patients is he?"

Do you see it now?
That’s a comparison though Soundy. As id Eamon Ryan being the transport minister is as dangerous as putting Shipman in charge of old folks. It’s ridiculous.

20+ years on from the previous time they'd put plans in place.

DART and Luas, are up and actually running, transporting people on public transport, for the last 40 and 20 years respectively!!!!! And already they're talking about the urgent need for putting in place a Metro.

Meanwhile, Kent station is being renovated at the moment.

Cars being driven in Cork, Limerick, Galway, etc are every bit as bad for the environment as those in Dublin.
But the Greens weren’t in Government 20 years ago and the last time they were we didn’t have a pot to piss in.

Cork doesn’t need a Luas. Not big enough or densely populated like Dublin. We do need suburban rail and more buses though. Not the Green’s biggest fans but FF and FG have had 30 years to provide this and did not.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Joe Mac

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼