Anna Geary or Aishling Thompson

Which Cork Camoige Captain makes your heart skip a beat

• Anna Geary

Votes: 43 41.7%
  • Aishling Thompson

Votes: 60 58.3%

• Total voters
Not enough to make it the sole reason to plead guilty, in fairness.

You dont know her reasons for pleading so it's a bit unfair to represent your opinion on it as fact.

Ah come on, yes people who plead guilty from the off can get a prison sentence but it is more or less always less of a sentence than if convicted after having fought the charge. So if the evidence is overwhelming then the logical thing is to plead guilty. I'm with pontipine here and think the only reason she pleaded guilty was because it was the best option available to her, given the evidence.

What other reasons do you think she may have had to enter such a plea?

Hardly remorse, given the interview she just gave in the newspaper.

Ah come on, yes people who plead guilty from the off can get a prison sentence but it is more or less always less of a sentence than if convicted after having fought the charge. So if the evidence is overwhelming then the logical thing is to plead guilty. I'm with pontipine here and think the only reason she pleaded guilty was because it was the best option available to her, given the evidence.

What other reasons do you think she may have had to enter such a plea?

Hardly remorse, given the interview she just gave in the newspaper.

If that is the case why did she plead guilty in the first case and then change her plea from innocent to guilty in second, surely if what you say is correct they she would have pleaded guilty in both cases from the start?
I have no doubt she pleaded guilty because of the chances of CCTV or mobile phone evidence. There was never going to be a jail sentence in this case as it should have been dealt with a caution in the cop shop.

If that is the case why did she plead guilty in the first case and then change her plea from innocent to guilty in second, surely if what you say is correct they she would have pleaded guilty in both cases from the start?
I have no doubt she pleaded guilty because of the chances of CCTV or mobile phone evidence. There was never going to be a jail sentence in this case as it should have been dealt with a caution in the cop shop.

I actually think her sentence for a first time offense was fair enough. Whilst our legal system is often mocked on here, I think we have it right in these kind of cases, a warning with some compensation for the victim makes far more sense than to chuck someone in prison as it acts as a kick up the hole and a warning for future behaviour, the majority of people who lose the rag on a one off occasion are not career criminals therefore there is no point giving them a custodial sentence.

It was just the motives for her plea I would question, I very much doubt they were done for altruistic reasons as Matlock is open to as a potential reason.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼