Ana Kriegel

I'd imagine the Gardai are hoping the young lad responsible will be brought into the local station over the weekend with his parents. No doubt they are sitting outside his house since he was identified as the main suspect.

Wonder do the Gardai have the power to obtain a DNA sample from a juvenile?

Frightening stuff, wtf are teenages at these days...

Apparently she was on YouTube where she'd host live "Truth or Dare" vlogs and some of the comments from men weren't the best.

One of the 13-year old boys interviewed by Gardai said he was "attacked by two men":-

A 13-year-old boy has told gardai that he was attacked by two men close to the derelict farm where Ana Kriegel was later murdered. The boy was one of two teenagers traced by detectives after Ana's body was found in the disused premises on the Clonee Road in west Dublin. The 13-year-old and his friend went to meet Ana in St Catherine's Park last Monday, hours before she was reported missing, according to sources. Both are understood to have spoken to detectives.

One of the boys has told Gardai that he went with Ana to the derelict farm, a kilometre or so from St Catherine's Park, according to sources. According to the boy's account, Ana left the area ahead of him, which was the last time he saw her.

He told gardai that as he went to leave the area, he was assaulted by two men and was injured. Gardai are following up the boy's account and are trying to track down the two men he says attacked him. They are also examining blood found on the boy's clothing. Ana Kriegel's body was found in the derelict farm, outside Lucan, Dublin, at lunchtime on Thursday. She left her family on Monday at around 5pm to go to St Catherine's Park and was reported missing by her parents three hours later.

Gardai believe that Ana was murdered on Monday evening. They suspect that she was killed by someone that she knew and that she may have been sexually assaulted. Preliminary post mortem results suggest she was beaten and died of blunt-force injuries. Detectives are believed to have recovered items of Ana's clothing along with blood-spattered sticks and bricks, which they hope will provide them with crucial DNA evidence.

Results of preliminary DNA tests are due back tomorrow.

I'd say it's unisual a boy so young would not tell the truth under such pressure at this stage. That's unless he is innocent or else has an underlying psychiatric disorder.

I'd say it's unisual a boy so young would not tell the truth under such pressure at this stage. That's unless he is innocent or else has an underlying psychiatric disorder.

Time will tell, of course, and I'd say sooner rather than later. The Gardai suspect she was killed by someone she knew, and the likelihood she was killed by "two men" is a bit remote. She knew the 13 year olds she went there with. I think I read somewhere that one boy called to her house and they went off together, but that he told her they'd be meeting another friend of his.

Last edited:
Time will tell, of course, and I'd say sooner rather than later. The Gardai suspect she was killed by someone she knew, and he likelihood she was killed by "two men" is a bit remote. She knew the 13 year olds she went there with. I think I read somewhere that one boy called to her house and they went off together, but that he told her they'd be meeting another friend of his.

It's likely it's either one or both of them but to not admit it as this stage says a lot about the messed up kid they are dealing with.

Wasn't there another case in the last 18 months or so that some young lad met up with a girl and stabbed her in the face. Sounds similar to what happened here.

Internet plays a part in these cases without doubt.

A 13-year-old boy has told gardai that he was attacked by two men close to the derelict farm where Ana Kriegel was later murdered. The boy was one of two teenagers traced by detectives after Ana's body was found in the disused premises on the Clonee Road in west Dublin. The 13-year-old and his friend went to meet Ana in St Catherine's Park last Monday, hours before she was reported missing, according to sources. Both are understood to have spoken to detectives.

One of the boys has told Gardai that he went with Ana to the derelict farm, a kilometre or so from St Catherine's Park, according to sources. According to the boy's account, Ana left the area ahead of him, which was the last time he saw her.

He told gardai that as he went to leave the area, he was assaulted by two men and was injured. Gardai are following up the boy's account and are trying to track down the two men he says attacked him. They are also examining blood found on the boy's clothing. Ana Kriegel's body was found in the derelict farm, outside Lucan, Dublin, at lunchtime on Thursday. She left her family on Monday at around 5pm to go to St Catherine's Park and was reported missing by her parents three hours later.

Gardai believe that Ana was murdered on Monday evening. They suspect that she was killed by someone that she knew and that she may have been sexually assaulted. Preliminary post mortem results suggest she was beaten and died of blunt-force injuries. Detectives are believed to have recovered items of Ana's clothing along with blood-spattered sticks and bricks, which they hope will provide them with crucial DNA evidence.

Results of preliminary DNA tests are due back tomorrow.

I doubt if a 13 year old boy would be forensically aware. The DNA typing of that blood will be important

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

8th Jun 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Peader O Callaghan

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼