An Réalt Dearg closed down!

Strange situation...........anyhoo, The Star should re-open again as it was a buzzing spot and a good drinking well for UCC.

Anyone know who is the owner or where one might get information about taking over the lease??? I reckon I could make a go of the place :)

Didn't realise the guy who leased these pubs has his office in the floors above my shop! Only just found out today :shock:

Loads of rumours flying about on here which [from what I know] are far from the truth...

Rumours in Macroom seem to be more than rumours. If so, I'm surprised but not all that horrified by it. The pub in Macroom closed weeks ago. Smeggle, how did you not know about the past, and offices going up in flames only months ago??

Don't think so, try the music forum???

Ah sorry, didn't spot that.

Sad story all and all, I heard that the staff had been paid up until what they worked anyway, least there's that.

was thre tits n all?

No but let me give ya what you're looking for:

Jedward_1531117c.jpg

Rumours in Macroom seem to be more than rumours. If so, I'm surprised but not all that horrified by it. The pub in Macroom closed weeks ago. Smeggle, how did you not know about the past, and offices going up in flames only months ago??

Sure I knew about the pub that got burned out - that happened over a year back now. They reckon the insurance wouldn't pay out cause it was definitely arson and no one had been caught for it.

Wasn't sure if the place across that he leased to replace it had closed or not as he was always back n forth from there to the office up stairs. When I last spoke to him last week he told me he was going to be in Dub Land this week so that's all I know really.

Don't much care for or listen to rumour as most of the time there's very little or no truth in them..

nice enough chap from what I've seen/heard, shame if it's all gone awol for him and hope he works it out somehow for all people involved...

That doesn't make a great deal of sense, considering the fact that not only does he have two successful pubs in Cork, and another in Macroom, he's got quite a good solicitors practice out there too.

Why would you simply ditch on that?

Things aren't looking so successful today...

Front page of the Corkman states that Gardai in Macroom are investigating a complaint against a solicitor in the town, but are obviously unwilling to comment any further.

The rumour mill is doing the rest.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Libertines
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

22nd Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Dance (12A) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:05pm

More events ▼