Amazon

They do screw us on the exchange rate from GBP to Euro though. They pulled nearly a fiver out of thin air and added it onto the charge of the stuff i bought on there last week. My own fault for not emailing them, but it's not the first time they've done it.

With the demise of HMV expect their prices to start going up.

They do screw us on the exchange rate from GBP to Euro though. They pulled nearly a fiver out of thin air and added it onto the charge of the stuff i bought on there last week. My own fault for not emailing them, but it's not the first time they've done it.

I think that's more to do with the VAT rate in ireland

Always buy in pounds and let the bank do the exchange rate.

All the prices on amazon.co.uk are in sterling with the UK vat,

but the Vat here is 23% and only 20% in the UK,

so if you buy something and they see the address is Ireland when you go to the checkout the extra 3% VAT will be added before you pay.

That's not always the best idea either as if you pay in pounds the bank can also charge for using your card for a sterling transaction. That could depend on the bank though, I know the PTSB do it as they've caught me once or twice. I use paypal whenever I can.

That's not always the best idea either as if you pay in pounds the bank can also charge for using your card for a sterling transaction. That could depend on the bank though, I know the PTSB do it as they've caught me once or twice. I use paypal whenever I can.

Really? I'm AIB and I've never been charged tbh.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase

The Roundy, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼