Album (LP) that’s most important to you.

stan ogden

TalkSPORT are running a min segment on this today. It was (apparently) National Album Day yesterday. If you were to pick ONE album, what is the one that’s means the most to you? For any reason of significance …. such as a time in your life it evokes for you, the quality of music, the fact that it’s stood the test of time… or whatever, etc etc. (I didn’t want to bury this in the music forum. Feel free to pick a Wolfe Tones album if you’re so inclined)

I’ll kick it off.

Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols.

I’ll celebrate sixty years of age before the end of year. This album still gives me a goosebumps when I put it on. It changed everything for me … my mindset, how I carry myself throughout the world, to this very day. They can bury me with this album. In a sense I’ve never grown up and I don’t caaaaare.

I saw them in London in the late 70's. Scariest gig I've ever been at. Bottles and glasses flying over my head. Loud, screeching, energetic and compelling.

I’ll kick it off.

I’ll celebrate sixty years of age before the end of year. This album still gives me a goosebumps when I put it on. It changed everything for me … my mindset, how I carry myself throughout the world, to this very day. They can bury me with this album. In a sense I’ve never grown up and I don’t caaaaare.
Sixty years of age and trolling on a local talk page about the war in Ukraine.

Suregodhelpus

I’ll kick it off.

I’ll celebrate sixty years of age before the end of year. This album still gives me a goosebumps when I put it on. It changed everything for me … my mindset, how I carry myself throughout the world, to this very day. They can bury me with this album. In a sense I’ve never grown up and I don’t caaaaare. yesterday and still have The Life Of Brian album...
Sixty one yesterday and still have The Life Of Brian album.
It wasn't allowed in Irish cinemas at the time so I thought ' this must be good ' so bought it.
I've never laughed so hard.

*Geniuses at work*

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Sweet East (NC)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th Apr 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼