Advice Needed - Dublin to Cork, Sunday Morning.

Visiting Ireland for the first time in nearly 2 years this Sunday. Need advice. My flight arrives in Dublin at 6:50am on Sunday morning. I'm looking around but there doesn't seem to be any flights to Cork at that time, or is there some mysterious source of flights that I'm missing? Aer Arann doesn't even fly to Cork anymore it would seem, nor Aer Lingus. Ryanair doesn't seem to have till 12 hours later. What are my options to get to Bantry in time for the Sunday roast?

Bus across the city and take the train.
Find some unknown source of a flight that I am innocent of.
Is it possible to rent a car in Dublin and drop it off in Cork? I have no need for a car in Ireland. Just going to crash with the family for two weeks.

Your thoughts? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Rental car would definitely be the fastest option i'd say. You will hit the city in 2hrs30.

You can get a bus from Airport to Heuston alright and the train to cork takes roughly 3 hours these days.

Another option is check flights to farrenfore and see if you can get a lift from there to Bantry.

i just did dub airport to near bantry this morning in 3 hr 15 mins. you d make bantry in 3.30. road was quite as i left dublin at 1 am. on another note do you folk think its worth the toll as it didnt look to much like a motorway to me.

i just did dub airport to near bantry this morning in 3 hr 15 mins. you d make bantry in 3.30. road was quite as i left dublin at 1 am. on another note do you folk think its worth the toll as it didnt look to much like a motorway to me.

Well it's better than being stuck in those shithole of towns for hours like we had to put up with years ago. So in that sense it is worth it to me. Journey more or less halfed timewise.

Rental car would definitely be the fastest option i'd say. You will hit the city in 2hrs30.

You can get a bus from Airport to Heuston alright and the train to cork takes roughly 3 hours these days.

Another option is check flights to farrenfore and see if you can get a lift from there to Bantry.

I agree, I've been off the overnight ferry at 6 and been in Cork by 9, midweek, Sunday would be even quicker I'd say.

there is a flight to Kerry sunday morning at 10.25 arr 11.15. bus eireann leaves tralee for cork at ten to the hour every hour so you'd prob get one at 12. again if you could get a lift from killarney you'd be into killarney for about 12.20. Good luck!!

yea i know its a big improvement. but their selling it as a motorway merging lanes and lay-by s wernt great for a road whit a 120 kph limit. the ballincollig bypass is a better road.

In all situations unless I rent a car (and even then, I'd probably be dumping it at Cork Airport) I'll probably be picked up in the city. The aircoach for $18 is looking like the best option right now. Who flies into Faranfore? How much does a rental typically run these days?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Libertines
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

22nd Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

DJ Jus Me

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼