Accident South Ring Road.....

RTÉ News ‏@rtenews
A 70-year-old man has died after he was struck by a car on the South Ring Road in Cork......
Poor man, RIP.

A 70-year-old man has died after he was struck by a car on the South Ring Road in Cork.
The incident happened at around half past six this evening.
The body of the man - a pedestrian - was taken to Cork University Hospital.
The road is closed pending an examination by gardaí and diversions are in place.

If that was between Sarsfield & Bandon road roundabout, then I'm sorry to say I passed it in a huff for being in a traffic jam. Also, Monday night traffic was backed up due to a crash.

Didn't see anyone knocked down but a lot of cars had stopped in the shoulders.

RIP.

Last edited:
what the fuck is wrong with both drivers and pedestrians these days.. it's simple, if you're on a motorway or main road, find a safe way to cross or continue walking until you do find a pass-over. I'm living in Malta at the moment, and its common to have people drive home after 5-6 hours drinking in clubs, yet accidents are in the miniscule numbers, let a lone fatalities. Something really needs to be done to keep people off the roads until they have the common sense and are responsible to sit behind the wheel of the car. I feel sorry for the poor man who lost his life here, but it's down to a failure in the Irish road safety system more than any individual person.

Please do not get me wrong, but what was a pedestrian doing on The South Link Rd?

May the poor man R.I.P, also lets not forget about the unfortuate driver.

I wonder was it the pedrestrian lights at the new roundabout?

Just that i have noticed a few drivers ignoring the red lights as they come down the hill from Wilton to go Eastwards on the SRR, assuming that they are no longer functioning due to the temporary Stop sign which has been erected a few feet beyond the lights. These lights are now functioning as pedestrian crossing lights.

I wonder was it the pedrestrian lights at the new roundabout?

Just that i have noticed a few drivers ignoring the red lights as they come down the hill from Wilton to go Eastwards on the SRR, assuming that they are no longer functioning due to the temporary Stop sign which has been erected a few feet beyond the lights. These lights are now functioning as pedestrian crossing lights.

Yup It's very messy down there

Vision is poor

And there's a nice hole in the road as you come from the Wilton side

Not sure what happened in this incident but the whole temporary situation is a bit of a mess & constantly changes as someone pointed out

what the fuck is wrong with both drivers and pedestrians these days.. it's simple, if you're on a motorway or main road, find a safe way to cross or continue walking until you do find a pass-over. I'm living in Malta at the moment, and its common to have people drive home after 5-6 hours drinking in clubs, yet accidents are in the miniscule numbers, let a lone fatalities. Something really needs to be done to keep people off the roads until they have the common sense and are responsible to sit behind the wheel of the car. I feel sorry for the poor man who lost his life here, but it's down to a failure in the Irish road safety system more than any individual person.

Let's be fair.

We can't blame the Irish road safety system for every death/accident.People have to play their part too by being careful and aware of their own safety.

If there is one thing that should be done in this country it is that the guards should be given more power to issue fines to those who are walking out in front of traffic both inside/outside the City.

By the way i have no idea what happened today and i'm not saying this man did anything wrong.

Poor crater.

RIP

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Tanya Louise & Alex

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼