6k to polish door handles. WTF

SF’s Soccer Jontin can often be seen mimicking the act of polishing a candlestick in the direction of match officials and visiting fans at soccer matches out The Cross

1212 eu for security seems dirt cheap, although id imagine MI5 looked
after the majority of it as they knew O Cadhla was on the loose,

Yep. Family and friends no doubt.

How could there be a doubt? You thought it so it must be true.

I'm no fan of the royals. It does seem like a lot of money but the publicity it generates in the UK for tourism and the goodwill between the two countries is worth a lot more than 200k.

If they don't come to Cork, I'm sure Waterford or Limerick would gladly take them in for the publicity.

Councillors can grill officials over this if they want and they regularly do. They should do it because officials have to be accountable for state funds. I'd love to see the door polishing details. They should be quizzed on that but it's only about 3% of the overall cost. I'd be interested in what the "Parks" expense is.

Occasionally there are some bizarre expenses with these things, but if you read the minutes of city council meetings the detail and complexity of operations always goes far beyond what the ordinary Joe Soap can imagine whilst sitting on his bar stool or keyboard.

Doing shit costs money. Soz.

How could there be a doubt? You thought it so it must be true.

I'm no fan of the royals. It does seem like a lot of money but the publicity it generates in the UK for tourism and the goodwill between the two countries is worth a lot more than 200k.

If they don't come to Cork, I'm sure Waterford or Limerick would gladly take them in for the publicity.

Councillors can grill officials over this if they want and they regularly do. They should do it because officials have to be accountable for state funds. I'd love to see the door polishing details. They should be quizzed on that but it's only about 3% of the overall cost. I'd be interested in what the "Parks" expense is.

Occasionally there are some bizarre expenses with these things, but if you read the minutes of city council meetings the detail and complexity of operations always goes far beyond what the ordinary Joe Soap can imagine whilst sitting on his bar stool or keyboard.

Doing shit costs money. Soz.

What a load of shit.

I also read on Twitter about annual costs for staff car parking going into a couple of hundred thousand each year.The private car parks in North Main Street,Grand Parade and the Black Ash are paid for 100s or maybe more of the more senior staff.This was part of a deal by unions last year,otherwise unions threatened strike action by staff in city hall.You couldn't make this stuff up m8s.

What kind of bollox are they engaging in here like, did they fly the door polishers in from Mongolia and put them up in the Hayfield Manor for a week?

There are a hundred lads on FAS doorknob polishing courses who could have done that for free, and had something to tell their grandkids about. You could have got the door polish itself for a few quid in Hickeys and supported a local business, but no it was probably important from Acencion Island on a private jet.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 5:30pm

More events ▼