Memorable hurling matches

Matlock

For good and for ill.

In recent times, glory days have been few and far between, but Nash's penalties in the 2013 finals are up there with the greatest sporting moments I have ever attended.

On the other hand, the 2019 Cork Clare match in Cusack Park was awful. The worst thunder and lightening i've ever seen at a match. We lost, and went through, Clare won and were out. Everyone was soaked and ill tempered.

Tell me stories...

Last edited:
Way back I’ve been to a few cracking Munster finals and AI finals. In recent times the semi final win over KK in 2021 was brilliant just a shame it was Covid times which took from the atmosphere. Still the JOC goal was superb Last year the game above in the Gaelic grounds was brilliant although we came out the wrong side of it

Im going back to 2008 and biased, the Cork U21 County Championship final, Glen Rovers beat Duhallow after a replay. It was an epic game played on a freezing cold November night. No quarter asked or given from either team, two sendings off, a shoulder from Brian Moylan on Aidan Walsh early in the first half that would have woke the dead and a hat trick of goals from Hoggie.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

The Big Swinin' Mikeys

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼