Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Coming out of the game it almost felt like a defeat. That’s how flat we were - tactically we just ran into Lk players all night and coughed up possession 80% of the time. There’s no doubt we have some fine players but there were too many coasting along. Team looks far from settled and is a long way off AI winning material. Cleaned out in the air and in rucks - sound familiar.!!!!
I'd agree with most of this, but if anything the team looks too settled and could do with being freshened up. A ball-winning half-forward would help (maybe Walsh, although apart from the goal he was quiet enough) and a new face (probably Will) in the hb line. That might free O'Regan to play higher up the pitch as well. He tried to run between two Limerick forwards and got turned over badly for the first goal - not the only one guilty of that, to be sure, but after three games I don't think he has made the CB position his own.

More generally, the emphasis on running the ball out from defence is making the team too predictable. Limerick did what Clare did, but less well (and shot some poor wides, watching up to ht). If Cork keep playing that way they will keep giving teams chances to unsettle them and pick off easy scores.

Last edited:
I think the point being made is that we leave teams in the game thru our own stupidity like continuously trying to walk the ball out of defence especially when we had the beating of the Limerick backs every time the ball was delivered early. It was very evident all thru game but nothing was done about it. Could have easily come back to bite us tonight in a match we should have strolled thru.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Eoin Jordan & Stan Notte
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

11th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Tanya Louise & Alex

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼