2023 Premier SHC

Ffs Ballygunnar are playing tippy tappy and are going to win the AI. They’re just a lot better at it
Spot on, I’m sure lads weren’t even watching the game. Ballygunner have been playing the same tippy tappy, short passing game for years, the difference being, their passes stick.
As for winning AI, I fancy Na Piarsaigh to give them a rattle, they are very good a stuffing out key forwards.

Last edited:
My annoyance with Sars in thefirst half wasn't the short game...that's how they actually worked most of their scores when they moved it through the lines with a bit of pace.

It was allowing Philip O M free, then after going so far with slow short play, putting it in long to a 3v2 in Ballygunner's favour with O Mahony there to sweep up.

Despite working the ball short it was far too slow and then once Ballygunner were set...Sars played the ball in from too far out...which allowed them defend it easily.

There's a sweet spot for good delivery into the forwards between both 65m lines...stats show more scores come from ball being delivered from this area...hitting it from inside your own 65m to 45 line results in less scores statistically.

The problem was Sars lost patience with their short game once it was slowed and then hit long aimless ball on top of a brilliant sweeper. Ballygunner's use of possession is far to good to allow them loose ball like that.

Overall Ballygunner are 10 points a better team than anything a Cork club has to offer at the moment. They are a brilliant side.

My annoyance with Sars in thefirst half wasn't the short game...that's how they actually worked most of their scores when they moved it through the lines with a bit of pace.

It was allowing Philip O M free, then after going so far with slow short play, putting it in long to a 3v2 in Ballygunner's favour with O Mahony there to sweep up.

Despite working the ball short it was far too slow and then once Ballygunner were set...Sars played the ball in from too far out...which allowed them defend it easily.

There's a sweet spot for good delivery into the forwards between both 65m lines...stats show more scores come from ball being delivered from this area...hitting it from inside your own 65m to 45 line results in less scores statistically.

The problem was Sars lost patience with their short game once it was slowed and then hit long aimless ball on top of a brilliant sweeper. Ballygunner's use of possession is far to good to allow them loose ball like that.

Overall Ballygunner are 10 points a better team than anything a Cork club has to offer at the moment. They are a brilliant side.
They are a great team but got no test today.Far tougher teams coming up.Teams that may not throw in the towel
after 5 min

And posters on here on about the Waterford championship. If Ballygunner were in Cork they would be after winning 10 in a row, most of the rest of the teams in Waterford the same level as any team in Cork
Doncha know that a handful of misery lords from the dark side live for days like today so that they can race on here to rattle on ad nauseum about the demise of Cork hurling.

But shur at least we have a competitive county championship with regular meaningful games

Well if there's only club hurling to watch in Cork from August to October I'd prefer it to be competitive amongst several clubs than watch a yearly one club procession to a county title.

Nothing stopping Cork club hurling from getting stronger in the future

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

His Father's Voice

Coughlan's, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼