2023 Premier sfc

Au contraire mon ami, the men from the brewery town put manners on the boys from Douglas in the 21 semi final.

All year there had been Douglas lads sniping at Clon players on social media and elsewhere, amongst other nasty deeds, safe to say though the Clon lads were unperturbed, took the high road and gave them their response on the field. Predictably the Douglas boys wilted when the heat came on and embarrassed themselves in the Pairc (not for the first or last time, no doubt)😉
A bit like yer boyos in the county final two years ago when it was time for the men to stand up

Big 3 are laughing at ye FoxyTravis 🤣🤣😊

A lot of ill judged talk about Ross on this forum. I watched them tonight and they are improving steadily and not a hope will they be relegated from the premier senior. Quite impressive tonight with big players like the 2 O’Rourkes, Kevane etc to return. They are a very young team and are in a transition period but no way will they be relegated. Daragh Hayes and Paul Hodnett the pick of the bunch tonight with Linehan quite good in defense. It’s my second time seeing them this year and if they keep this rate of improvement up they may cause a shock yet.
A very interesting group, all is not well in the Haven by all accounts, Clonakilty back up players have proven to be a fair bit off it in league, Carbery Rangers escape relegation in last game, are def in transition & Valleys going very badly all year, let Coach go and now are relegated.

I know a Clon guy who is exactly like Foxy Travis.. sometimes i think it’s him but the guy I know can’t type I’d say.
Born and bred, never left the place, didn’t play past minor, contributed absolutely zero to the club since but omg dyed in the wool psychotic Clon football man..
Fits the FoxyTravis description perfectly so

A lot of ill judged talk about Ross on this forum. I watched them tonight and they are improving steadily and not a hope will they be relegated from the premier senior. Quite impressive tonight with big players like the 2 O’Rourkes, Kevane etc to return. They are a very young team and are in a transition period but no way will they be relegated. Daragh Hayes and Paul Hodnett the pick of the bunch tonight with Linehan quite good in defense. It’s my second time seeing them this year and if they keep this rate of improvement up they may cause a shock yet.
Agreed, you’ll see a lot of negativity towards West Cork clubs on here, particularly towards those who have scaled the summit and brought home Andy Scannell. We know all about it in Clon and you’ll probably experience the same in Ross given your recent success.

No way Ross will be relegated, far more likely a team who don’t have the stomach for the fight (Douglas/Carrigaline/maybe even Valleys).

Not beyond the realms of possibility Ross beat the Haven if you ask me.

A very interesting group, all is not well in the Haven by all accounts, Clonakilty back up players have proven to be a fair bit off it in league, Carbery Rangers escape relegation in last game, are def in transition & Valleys going very badly all year, let Coach go and now are relegated.
Good summation BBB, would have to say though there were some very encouraging aspects to Clons league campaign, anyone who saw Darragh Gough in action went away thinking we might have our own David Clifford on our hands if we develop this lad right.

Agree it’s a very intriguing group, 3 huge west cork derbies, as well as 2 of the big 4 battling it out, it’s going to be epic. It’s the only show in town. Those 3 derbies will each have a higher attendance than all the other group games combined.

You just know Haven will turn up and perform more often than not in champo though BBB? More than most anyway. Valleys being in a right state may save Ross worrying about relegation here. Clon don't look in terribly hectic shape either but it's all about championship in a few weeks. Would be thinking they can take Valleys if they get themselves into any sort of shape given what has happened with Valleys.

You just know Haven will turn up and perform more often than not in champo though BBB? More than most anyway. Valleys being in a right state may save Ross worrying about relegation here. Clon don't look in terribly hectic shape either but it's all about championship in a few weeks. Would be thinking they can take Valleys if they get themselves into any sort of shape given what has happened with Valleys.
I struggle to justify your negativity towards Ross..
They finished above valleys and Ballincollig in the league (technically Clon too). They beat Eire Og and Carrigaline comfortably enough last year in championship and ran nemo closer than anyone

They finished above valleys and Ballincollig in the league (technically Clon too). They beat Eire Og and Carrigaline comfortably enough last year in championship and ran nemo closer than anyone
I see Limerick footballer Mike Donovan has St Finbarrs Cork as his club in recent Tailtainn cup programme?? Anyone see this

Don't be struggling with it at all my man, it's just my own opinion. I think Ross are still reliant on a few of the older fellas and some of what's coming through isn't of the best quality or unproven shall we say as of yet. I was at the game with Carrigaline last year, they are a poor Senior team to be honest and Eire Og were a shambles last year in fairness, but we'll see what happens in a few weeks when Ross play the Haven and Clon.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

11th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Notes From Sheepland (12A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼