2023 Premier Intermediate football

I'd say your spot on. Munster Council seeing €€ signs if Fossa had won. Still probable concerns over CNM capacity to host the game given the crowd there for the game against Killimer. The village itself is a nightmare for parking as well
Ya I was thinking same as Fossa game would add 1000 or more to crowd with neutrals coming to see Clifford . Last yrs junior final in mallow for the fossa v kilmurry game had a huge crowd and both clubs wouldn’t have 250 supporters each I’d be thinking . I think CNM have a 50/50 chance as they are a strong intermediate team but I suppose bookies will have different take on it ..

Is this Corks best chance in a while or is that just wild thinking?

Milltown have it tough with winning yesterday and the celebrations that go with it. Back to business next Sunday will be hard for them. Chance for CNM although Rathmore were levels above Kanturk last year so Milltown should have enough.

Kilmurry should beat Fennagh you'd imagine but Listowel would be expected to be ahead of them

I would say CNM have a very good chance here, more than any recent Cork champions in this grade. M/C are very well known to John Evans for one thing and he'll have attended several of their games recently you can be sure.
M/C players have also had a fairly intense schedule recently with not only their own club games but half of their starting team played with Mid Kerry in SFC also.

Goals won the day in Kerry Inter final. If CNM stop M/C getting goals and can keep scoreboard ticking themselves they have a good chance. It's a very good match-up I feel. Looking forward to it.

Ya I’d expect kilmurry to beat Feenagh who are also in Munster junior final v Catherine’s and they have 13 of the hurlers who also start with footballers . Bit like Newcestown in that regard . As you said the only thing that would worry me is the example of Kanturk getting beaten so easily last year and we would have thought before that game that they would have a great chance.CNM are a good footballer team and have the forwards who can score and also have the physicality to stop teams playing so hopefully they can do it ..

I would say CNM have a very good chance here, more than any recent Cork champions in this grade. M/C are very well known to John Evans for one thing and he'll have attended several of their games recently you can be sure.
M/C players have also had a fairly intense schedule recently with not only their own club games but half of their starting team played with Mid Kerry in SFC also.

Goals won the day in Kerry Inter final. If CNM stop M/C getting goals and can keep scoreboard ticking themselves they have a good chance. It's a very good match-up I feel. Looking forward to it.
CNM will have to stop Cillian Bourke's running threat for certain.

Munster Council website saying game is in Cill na Martra next Sunday:

Munster Council website saying game is in Cill na Martra next Sunday:
Ya seen that there now and Kilmurry game changed to PUR . Should have a double header in there .

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

14th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼