2023 Intermediate A football

Not sure what is gone wrong with Glenville this year, competed quite well last few years and only missed out on quarter finals last year on score difference with KDY I believe. Have always been a tough enough team to beat but this year have faired very poorly and have been a good bit of this grade. Ballinora should beat them in the relegation final by 5+ points.
Lots stopped playing football apparently. Not even retirement age just went playing hurling and soccer only. Buddy of mine told me their average age is only something like 21 which is madness. Went to see them play mitchelstown a few years ago back in ballyhooly when they came out with a shock win. They must of really slipped back

Dromtarriffe vs Boherbue. This will be a good game. I think Boherbue are a smart footballing team who play to their strengths extremely well. Dromtarriffe are a great team to watch and possibly have a stronger 15 but I think Boher know when to shut up shop. Tight game. Calling it a draw after 60 minutes.

Adrigole vs Blake Murphy. Adrigole will do what Glanmire should have done and double/triple mark Blake Murphy or play a sweeper if they have to. Vincent’s offer very little outside BM.

Ballinora vs Glenville. Glenville just aren’t good enough for this grade I think. Aghada and Glanmire the two remaining imokilly teams left playing a grade above junior?
Fantastic stat. Mad!

Dromtariffe best Boher 1-10 to 9
The goal was a very poor goalkeeping mistake but still thought Dromtariffe were the slightly better team & deserved the win.

Having seen Boherbue a few times over the past few seasons I think they are a very cynical team. Dromtariffe scored 1-1 in quick succession after half time and immediately a Boherbue player dropped with an ankle injury. After a couple of minutes he was back up and sprinting around looking for ball straight away. It worked as the the next 10 minutes were fairly poor with no scores. They also have a player who has absolutely no interest in playing football other than targeting the opposition’s better players and hitting late tackles. They do have some good players and look dangerous when moving the ball quick.

Dromtariffe have some tidy forwards and would be dangerous for any team going forward.

Dromtarriffe imo are now favs to win this competition. You could say they beat boher today by a goalkeeping mistake but in reality they were well worth their win and looked a lot fitter and athletic than boher today.

The goal was a very poor goalkeeping mistake but still thought Dromtariffe were the slightly better team & deserved the win.

Having seen Boherbue a few times over the past few seasons I think they are a very cynical team. Dromtariffe scored 1-1 in quick succession after half time and immediately a Boherbue player dropped with an ankle injury. After a couple of minutes he was back up and sprinting around looking for ball straight away. It worked as the the next 10 minutes were fairly poor with no scores. They also have a player who has absolutely no interest in playing football other than targeting the opposition’s better players and hitting late tackles. They do have some good players and look dangerous when moving the ball quick.

Dromtariffe have some tidy forwards and would be dangerous for any team going forward.
That’s actually exactly how Boherbue killed Ballinora’s momentum in the group stage funnily enough. Ballinora hit 1-2 right after half time, then a Boherbue player dropped to the ground in agony, stops the game for 5 minutes and suddenly he pops up to receive a short kick out when no one is near. Ridiculous stuff.

That’s actually exactly how Boherbue killed Ballinora’s momentum in the group stage funnily enough. Ballinora hit 1-2 right after half time, then a Boherbue player dropped to the ground in agony, stops the game for 5 minutes and suddenly he pops up to receive a short kick out when no one is near. Ridiculous stuff.
For me anyone but Aghabullogue boherbue or mitchelstown

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Danny Dineen

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼