2022 Premier Senior Hurling

You sure of that? I deffo thought transferring out of divisions to city division was allowed with out sanction, could have sworn it was posted here.
Fairly certain, it’s allowed if the club doesn’t object, but if they do it’s a different story. But otherwise needs to be a change in address, or fathers first club I think. And as we are seeing with the Shane O’Regan saga, change of address isn’t always enough (could easily just put down an address but not actually live there) and this might have to be proven.
Whether Watergrasshill are going to keep him or not, they have to be seen to object really, otherwise you set a precedence for other young players in the club wanting to do the same in the future.

His first club was actually sars, then passage for a couple years, then sars again before minor level, so was a funny one!
Never knew that. Did he transfer to Passage before he played u12 for Sars? Cause you can transfer from anyone to anyone before you play u12

Never knew that. Did he transfer to Passage before he played u12 for Sars? Cause you can transfer from anyone to anyone before you play u12
Honestly don’t know for certain but was in or around that time. 02/03 ish, which would have put him at 13/14 years old when he moved I think. The parents split around then if I remember correctly and she went to passage with the kids

I thought that that just applied to the City Division. That if you had an address in the city you could pick any club in the city to play for??

Again I could be way off with that.
Yea u can get transferred to most clubs in the city without objection bar bishopstown...does anyone remember Florence o Brien or the chap Larry White (he used his Irish name) they wouldn't give a transfer to...white had to take the gaa to the high Court if I remember well!!

Fairly certain, it’s allowed if the club doesn’t object, but if they do it’s a different story. But otherwise needs to be a change in address, or fathers first club I think. And as we are seeing with the Shane O’Regan saga, change of address isn’t always enough (could easily just put down an address but not actually live there) and this might have to be proven.
Whether Watergrasshill are going to keep him or not, they have to be seen to object really, otherwise you set a precedence for other young players in the club wanting to do the same in the future.

Watergrasshill's main aim in all of this was to make it clear that they won't tolerate their players being poached or behaving as O Regan has in the future. They are very happy with the boards decision and the support they have received from other clubs who are worried about similar issues. The guy I was talking to said O Regan has created such a sh!tshow that their hopeful other clubs will just decide approaching a Hill player with a view to turning his head just isn't worth the hassle.

Whether O Regan will ever play for them again, who knows. I was told they aren't going to chase him but that if he would like to rejoin they will sit down and talk with him.

From the stories I was getting over the last 2 days it sounds like they brushed an awful lot under the carpet up there with regards his behaviour over the years.

Yea u can get transferred to most clubs in the city without objection bar bishopstown...does anyone remember Florence o Brien or the chap Larry White (he used his Irish name) they wouldn't give a transfer to...white had to take the gaa to the high Court if I remember well!!
Labhras White, he went to the Glen, was a damp squib of a hurler afterwards

Florry O Briens transfer was a shit show, Bishopstown claiming Glasheen, where Florry lived, was neutral ground,things got very bitter, the best foward in cork at u16 and he never played minor. He won an intermediate County with the barrs but was never the same player

Barrs have always let players transfer to another club, including Bishopstown, if that’s what they wanted, but the town are a different animal, thou shall not join the barrs seems to be their motto. Small time club

Watergrasshill's main aim in all of this was to make it clear that they won't tolerate their players being poached or behaving as O Regan has in the future. They are very happy with the boards decision and the support they have received from other clubs who are worried about similar issues. The guy I was talking to said O Regan has created such a sh!tshow that their hopeful other clubs will just decide approaching a Hill player with a view to turning his head just isn't worth the hassle.

Whether O Regan will ever play for them again, who knows. I was told they aren't going to chase him but that if he would like to rejoin they will sit down and talk with him.

From the stories I was getting over the last 2 days it sounds like they brushed an awful lot under the carpet up there with regards his behaviour over the years.
Well said. I’d be fairly sure Sars aren’t happy about this bad publicity either, it was him who approached them as far as I know.

Seems like there is hassle involving him in the cork soccer scene now as well:

“Official Club Statement
This is an offical club statement about the game, played between ourselves and Doolans Cow bar. In the
mick Mooney Cup, played on the 13th of February 2022, the Cork business league have stated that we
played an unregistered player.
The player in question is Shane o regan. Shane has been playing, and as far as we were concerned has been registered with us since the 13th of November
2021, We uploaded the players details to FAlnet and forwarded a picture of the hard copy via WhatsApp to Mr Peter Travers (CBL secretary).
After speaking with many clubs of the CBL league we believe this is a standard and acceptable practice for player registration.
Ourselves and other teams have used this method many times with no issue.
With all this considered we believe that this is an administrative error by the CBL and not an intentional decision by us to play an unregistered player.
We believe the decision to overturn our victory over doolans cow is a wrong and unfair decision, through no fault of our own, only basic human error by the league
that we played an 'unregistered player'
On these grounds we will appeal the decision made against us.
Yours in Sport
Management
Players
District 11 F.C”

And they are dead right

As a side note I believe there is now a rule in rebel og that anyone under 18 looking to transfer cannot get an automatic transfer even if the home club agree to it. What kind of shit show is that?

There's a lot of errors in what's posted here in relation to transfers, whether a club objects or not is irrelevant in the majority of cases. Even if Watergrasshill didn't mention anything regarding O'Regan's transfer the CCC would have scrutinised it anyway, the dogs on the street knew he was using the old doll's address so I doubt it would have went unnoticed by the CCC.

Once a player meets the criteria then they are free to transfer and even if the club they are leaving object then the board cannot stop the transfer as long as everything is above board.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

The Sweet East (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼