2022 Premier Senior Hurling

Would definitely be an interesting concept. Similar to what they have in Tipp, where they play these regional championships off before the county championship.

The City championship would look like
Glen
Barrs
Douglas
Rockies
Na Piarsaigh
Bishopstown
Blarney (Not enough teams for a Muskerry Championship)

East Cork Championship
Sars
Midleton
Erins Own
Carrigtwohill
Bride Rovers
Fr O Neills
Killeagh
Cloyne

North Cork Championship (Avondhu and Duhallow)
Kanturk
Ballyhea
Newtown
Charleville
Mallow
Fermoy

West Cork Championship (Carbery and Carrigdhoun)
Newcestown
Courcey Rovers
There would be a lack of clubs for a proper West Cork Championship unless you added Premier Intermediate clubs like Ballinhassig, Valleys and Bandon.

Would make for an exciting mini championship, however I never see this happening in Cork. The club championship is already too hectic with clubs participating in both codes.
This was actually done in Carrigdhoun a number of years back, probably close to 20 years ago now. On paper it was a very exciting concept but never really took off because it’s either going to get in the way of Club Championships and not be taken seriously or else played near the end of the year where players are less interested. From memory it only lasted one year.

If it was done in every division and the county board facilitated it could have worked alright but not possible now really with condensed championship.

There was a big competition in the city back in the 90s run on that format, games played in ballinlough at near championship tempo. It lasted a few years before interest started waning due to clashes with other competitions if I remember correctly

There was a big competition in the city back in the 90s run on that format, games played in ballinlough at near championship tempo. It lasted a few years before interest started waning due to clashes with other competitions if I remember correctly
Citi West garage by any chance? If so, it started in the 80s.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Polly Barrett
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

8th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼