2022 Premier Senior football

The Barrs are now definitely back….
They need to find a forward or two, too reliant on Sherlock who is markable as shown yesterday. Goalkeeper is a major problem too for them, his kick outs are brutal.

If they have a decent keeper and at least 1 other quality forward they could dominate but until then it’s wide open.

I think winning the hurling final took more out of the club that they realised. It was always going to be hard to lift to the heights required again after getting that monkey off the back. While Nemo “haven’t gone away you know” the scary thing for the Cork Club scene is that The Barrs are now definitely back….
Definitely, they're a fine side. They will have regrets over yesterday for a long while though.

Clon lost to the Haven and Nemo by the narrowest of margins this year despite being decimated by injury. They should have won a county last year with a very young team. Clon are undoubtedly in the top 4, possibly top 3. Fully expect them to push on and win one in the next year or two with the next crop of underage talent coming through.

The difference between Clon and Douglas is a bit like the difference between Manchester and Newcastle United….I’m sure you can work it out.
So Clon could only manage to draw with Newcestown as well as losing to Nemo and Haven in this year's championship and they are 'possibly top 3' .......mmmm😁

Game was lost before the ball was thrown in yesterday. Barrs couldn’t handle the pressure of the double, the 2 in a row and beating Nemo in a final. Physically they were probably in fine shape but mentally they were week and it showed in every aspect of their game. Hopefully they can learn from yesterday and come back stronger next year.

That Connolly point in front of the north stand was absolutely incredible! Could be one of the best scores of 2022. He was unmarkable yesterday and John Cleary will surely recall him to the panel. Maguire stood up for Barrs when he needed to but Sherlock and Myles Murray never got going. Impressed with Martin as well , kick outs no longer loopy which will definitely benefit cork too.

That Connolly point in front of the north stand was absolutely incredible! Could be one of the best scores of 2022. He was unmarkable yesterday and John Cleary will surely recall him to the panel. Maguire stood up for Barrs when he needed to but Sherlock and Myles Murray never got going. Impressed with Martin as well , kick outs no longer loopy which will definitely benefit cork too.
Didn't see the game yesterday. But great to hear this about Martins kickouts. Sounds like he's been working on them.

Agreed we have some top quality hurling talent, we could in all likelihood be a dual senior club within 10 years.

2 cork minors this year and 1/2 others that were very unlucky to miss out. The conveyor belt is in good nick in Clon.

God knows I've contributed a lot of bollixology on the PROC but I believe you have surpassed me in just one post. Fair play.

Connolly is a waste of time at intercounty Level we have all seen this in the past,time to move forward not back.He is 2 slow,doesnt work hard enough and giving away the ball at intercounty level is not acceptable.I think it says more about the state of Cork Club football when Connolly is the stand out player.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Route66

Cantys, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼