2022 Premier Intermediate hurling

That's what I was thinking after I wrote the above post. Problem there then alright if the premier intermediate players then can play with division teams, makes them too strong in some cases, imokilly being the obvious ones

The day is nearly coming to get rid of the divisions in championship I think
It's a tough one.
I like the concept of divisions (ie giving fellas from smaller clubs a chance to mix it with the big boys) but in the modern game it looks like it's on the way out.
Still remember Carbery in '94, that was some bang.

That's what I was thinking after I wrote the above post. Problem there then alright if the premier intermediate players then can play with division teams, makes them too strong in some cases, imokilly being the obvious ones

The day is nearly coming to get rid of the divisions in championship I think
Divisions have combined to win 3 championships since the millennium and 7 in the last 50 years, hardly dominating the competition.

Looking at their success rate, they are little different to most clubs. Having a good team every once in a while.

Given the current unflattering comparison of Cork club hurling to other counties maybe it might have been more productive if the clubs looked to topple Imokilly by out hurling them than out politicking them.

Divisions have combined to win 3 championships since the millennium and 7 in the last 50 years, hardly dominating the competition.

Looking at their success rate, they are little different to most clubs. Having a good team every once in a while.

Given the current unflattering comparison of Cork club hurling to other counties maybe it might have been more productive if the clubs looked to topple Imokilly by out hurling them than out politicking them.
Like UCC in 2020, the Glen in 2021 and B'rock this year.

I don’t know if there’s much interest from the players in playing for Imokilly anymore. All the clubs in East Cork are going well and competing in there respective grades and the interest seems to be weaning, with the risk of getting injured for your own club championship an added negative.

I don’t know if there’s much interest from the players in playing for Imokilly anymore. All the clubs in East Cork are going well and competing in there respective grades and the interest seems to be weaning, with the risk of getting injured for your own club championship an added negative.
I think Castlelyons players opted out from Imokilly this year

Wouldn’t be surprised to see more clubs doing the same. I might be wrong but there doesn’t seem to be the same interest anymore
I'd say the interest the last few years was down to Rasper, like who in their right mind would want to play under Denis Ring, he is a dinosaur ;)
Saying that, good representation of available clubs this year
IMOKILLY: E Davis (St Catherine’s); C O’Brien (St Ita’s, J-Capt), M Russell (Aghada), S Hegarty (Dungourney); K O’Neill (Watergrasshill), C Joyce (Castlemartyr), J Cronin (Lisgoold); J Leahy (Dungourney), Brian Lawton (Castlemartyr, J-Capt); Barry Lawton (Castlemartyr), S Harnedy (St Ita’s), D Healy (Lisgoold); S Desmond (Watergrasshill), W Leahy (Aghada), M Kelly (Castlemartyr).

Subs: J Stack (Castlemartyr) for D Healy (51), M McCarthy (Aghada) for Barry Lawton (55 inj), L O’Shea (Lisgoold) for J Leahy (62), J Beausang (Russell Rovers) for M Kelly (60+20).

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

3 Of A Kind

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼