2022 Intermediate A hurling

Meelin must have been cat, I saw Douglas and they were very poor.

We have the two semi finals this week. Cloughduv v Lisgoold and Dungourney v Sars. Think Sars have to be favourites IMO, have been there or there abouts the last few years. Only lost on pens to eire og in 2020, got a bit of a clipping in the final last year to Castlemartyr granted. 2 semis and a final in 3 years. Semi again this year.

Meelin must have been cat, I saw Douglas and they were very poor.

We have the two semi finals this week. Cloughduv v Lisgoold and Dungourney v Sars. Think Sars have to be favourites IMO, have been there or there abouts the last few years. Only lost on pens to eire og in 2020, got a bit of a clipping in the final last year to Castlemartyr granted. 2 semis and a final in 3 years. Semi again this year.
One thing I would say about sars is they had a poor group. Kildorrery who were second got well beat by lisgoold and meelin relegated. SARS with there pick are always going to be there or there abouts, but there always seems to be one or two first teams that will nearly always catch them. And that’s exactly what’s left in this comp.
I’ve seen lisgoold and Cloughduv a few times. Both good teams. I would slightly favour Cloughduv, as they seem to be better balanced and have a bench. Lisgoold are weak in the corners in defence and attack and relaying on 4/5 players. John Cronin and former bride man jason Mannix should be an intriguing battle and could go long way to settling the contest. Was very impressed with Kieran cashman the last day

One thing I would say about sars is they had a poor group. Kildorrery who were second got well beat by lisgoold and meelin relegated. SARS with there pick are always going to be there or there abouts, but there always seems to be one or two first teams that will nearly always catch them. And that’s exactly what’s left in this comp.
I’ve seen lisgoold and Cloughduv a few times. Both good teams. I would slightly favour Cloughduv, as they seem to be better balanced and have a bench. Lisgoold are weak in the corners in defence and attack and relaying on 4/5 players. John Cronin and former bride man jason Mannix should be an intriguing battle and could go long way to settling the contest. Was very impressed with Kieran cashman the last day
That's a good analysis imo. A ranking of the remaining teams would for me be Cloughduv, Lisgoold, Sars and Dungourney. Lisgoold are on an amazing run and have improved from last year with the addition of Duds Healy, but I don't think they will have come up against a team over that period as good as Cloughduv who have been here before. And yes Lisgoold's bench is not as good.

Wouldn't agree with your point Sars had an easy group Kildorrery drove 19 wides and lost narrowly by 2 points to Sars. Also when Kildorrery played lisgoold they had alot of injuries and had both their football and hurling teams in intermediate quarter finals for a very small club that took its toll . However lisgoold are very good team and I'd fancy them v cloghduv but there won't be much in it

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Tim Mullane

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼