2021 County Senior Football Championship

Agreed…really looking forward to what will be a real clash of styles. If the Barrs get their tactics right, they’ll win. If they fall into the same traps as Douglas in the semi and leave themselves vulnerable to counter attacks then Clon will cause an upset.

Have to imagine with the likes of Maguire and Shields in their group they’ll have a bit more tactical nous than Douglas and will have some clue about how to play against a defensive system. Clon will bring a huge crowd, early goal or good start for them could really get them lifting.

Agreed…really looking forward to what will be a real clash of styles. If the Barrs get their tactics right, they’ll win. If they fall into the same traps as Douglas in the semi and leave themselves vulnerable to counter attacks then Clon will cause an upset.

Have to imagine with the likes of Maguire and Shields in their group they’ll have a bit more tactical nous than Douglas and will have some clue about how to play against a defensive system. Clon will bring a huge crowd, early goal or good start for them could really get them lifting.
O’Donovan will be a huge loss to that counter attacking system - he carried some ball the last day.

I think Barr’s will push up on Clon. They’ll go man to man. It’s a tricky day for kicking. I think it won’t be a classic. Barr’s will pin them in and eventually pressure will tell and they will win by about 5/6.

Looking forward to watching Steven Sherlock again today, Clon will have a plan for him but in the form he's been showing last few games he can create scores from noting. For me Barrs to win by 6pts

Looking forward to watching Steven Sherlock again today, Clon will have a plan for him but in the form he's been showing last few games he can create scores from noting. For me Barrs to win by 6pts
He’s up against the best full back in the county in Thomas Clancy and one of the most defensive teams around. If he produces today then there can be no question whatsoever about giving him an extended run in the Cork XV.

It’s gone pretty much as expected. Clon have a good system but running out of steam and Barr’s have come into it as a result without doing anything brilliant. Clon need to be really economical with the ball and they weren’t at all like that as the half wore on. It’s still there but they could lose belief.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼