2020 - Your Highs And Lows.

Roxetten

Maybe it's time to look back at a tumultuous year and to consider your highs and lows from whatever standpoint, be it cultural, sporting, personal or current affairs related.

Cardi B & Megan Thee Stallion's song WAP was both a high and a low for me tbphwy. :(

In news terms Trump's attempts to subvert democracy after losing the presidential election was a low, as is the continuing popularity of Bolsonaro in Brazil with his willful encouragement of the ongoing destruction of the Amazon.

Biden winning the election was the high point of the year for me internationally.

In Ireland the continuing rise of SF is a low and a cause for concern, the Greens being in government should be a positive but I don't feel they are making their mark in any significant way.

High - getting to move back to Cork and work from here hopefully permanently

Low - not being able to go to a pub without Bishop Con Lucey standing at the window with a big "down with this sort of thing" banner.

Highs, was lucky to get a decent holiday in January before all this shit kicked off.

Lows, the break of all normal social outlets. Have been out to dinner twice since March.

Erra can't complain really, thankfully none of my family have gotten sick.

Politically Bidens win obviously a high, low the coalition lurching from one crisis to another.

Culturally its been a wasteland. Hardly any cinema, no gigs, no albums of note. Enjoyed a few series, the boys, queens gambit.

Thats about it really. As a year its a 4/10

Highs

4 years later and my pear trees produced fruit....well a single pear that tasted nasty.
Saved a shit load of money
Trump losing

Lows
Cancelled weddings, trips abroad, concerts, parades and parties.

Highs: covid got me the Homme Office i always wanted and thankfully I don't know anyone who was badly affected.

Lows: Social life is fucked, haven't been to cork in over a year.
The junkies retained Sam too ffs

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

1st May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼