Search results

1. C

Pubs reopening June 29th

Not sure if this link will work properly or not. It might upset a few people. It upset me. https://shop.rewe.de/p/augustiner-lager-hell-20x0-5l/5244382
  2. C

Pubs reopening June 29th

Lads. Lads. Lads. This is a place of peace. Like Israel or what have you.
  3. C

Pubs reopening June 29th

Augustiner is still less than €1 a bottle (including the pfand) in Munich shops. It's €4.00 a bottle in Bradley's off-license now.
  4. C

Pubs reopening June 29th

I had a meeting with a few people from Norn Iron at the start of the week. I left it thinking "I would murder a pint of Harp now". Only place that I've seen Harp on draught in Cork in a long, long time was in Barbarella before the Hyde Out lads took it on.
  5. C

Pubs reopening June 29th

Bring them with you. Put them in a corner. Large bottle of Deasy's red lemonade. Bag of Taytos. Join-the-dots book. 7 pints later you'll have shares in a lurcher and the the kids will have a story to tell.
  6. C

Pubs reopening June 29th

Health insurance with a good dental plan is the ultimate luxury item in this country. Followed by Dermot Bannon-inspired rectangles lobbed onto the side of a Georgian property.
  7. C

Pubs reopening June 29th

Jesus Christ, lad. Hold up now a second. Let's not say things that we don't actually mean. Not here. Not on the PRoC.
  8. C

Pubs reopening June 29th

You used to be cool, Mange. The state of this like. What's wrong with being dying sick every Sunday and being afraid to check your mobile banking app? Mockery.
  9. C

Pubs reopening June 29th

Any working links for a few pint streams?
  10. C

Pubs reopening June 29th

What are we saying is the average price of a pint of Guinness? €6? 161 x 6 = €966 per week. If so... Gis a job. I could do tha'. Gis it.
  11. C

Price Of A Bazzer In Cork?

I'm a eejit, GM. A sound one but a fucking eejit none-the-less.
  12. C

Price Of A Bazzer In Cork?

Revisiting this. Went to the barber yesterday. There were a few signs up to note that prices had been increased. Time to pay arrived - €32 - it was €25 for the exact same thing 3 weeks ago. I had €35 in my wallet so he only got a €3 tip. Because they will not take card payment. Am I...
  13. C

the wine thread

A very solid 2020 St. Emilion GC in Aldi. Bit aggressively grippy on first taste (15 mins after decant) but opened up very well after another 15. The website lists it at €14.99. It was €13 in-store the other day.
  14. C

Bus Eireann

It means fuck-all, I'd say. Or about as much as "Due" which becomes "Cancelled" or just disappears off the app totally. Google Maps is actually far more accurate in terms of bus arrivals. The 214 must be the most frustrating bus route/service in Cork. It's the epitome of the old "wait 60 mins...
  15. C

Thomas Pynchon Question.

Nice one. I really struggle with Audiobooks though. I find myself zoning out and losing the thread. I only re-up my Audible account for new Alan Partridge material.
  16. C

Thomas Pynchon Question.

I might give "Ulysses" another bash. Also - I just looked at my order because something clicked in the back of my mind - it turns out that I picked up "Underworld" and "Libra" by Don DeLillo rather than "White Noise" and "Libra". Shit... :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
  17. C

The Official PROC Restaurant review thread.

The extent of PJ's questioning in the culinary area will be "Salt and vigg'enar on dem, luv?".
  18. C

The Undertones Cypress Avenue

The Undertones are back in CA again in December. https://www.cyprusavenue.ie/gigs/the-undertones-11167246
  19. C

Thomas Pynchon Question.

Generally speaking; I refuse to give up on a book - especially one that I get a third of the way into like in the case of "Gravity's Rainbow" but it beat me... mercilessly. "Ulysses" is another one that I tried to plough through but it's impenetrable. I looked at a copy of "Infinite Jest" in...
  20. C

Thomas Pynchon Question.

"A screaming comes across the sky..." One of the great opening lines. I wrestled with "Gravity's Rainbow" about 15 years ago and managed 250 pages or so before I backed away from it. It's incredibly dense and too heady - much like (some of) the work of Ken Kesey, John Irving, Joseph Heller...