Search results

1. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Nope. See his reply. This years game i.e. the most recent available evidence.
  2. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Ok. I was thinking of an earlier incident of a similar pull back / swing that he played on for.
  3. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I didn’t see the game so cannot offer any insights beyond what I saw on highlights and the final score. Radio commentary was completely sub-par also (stuck in traffic outside dungarvan). In fairness, i think a better gauge of Clare’s mental strength is the limerick game rather than a watery Cork...
  4. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

For the Downey one, I could be mistaken but did Owens raise the arm to play advantage and then not call it back when the play broke down? One of the few times when Clare got their game mgt wrong; though Owens should have pulled it back for the free anyway. For the Shanagher one he indicated...
  5. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Is that the game with a 9 point swing to Limerick with c. 10+ mins of regular time left? 😆 Keep it up spoofer.
  6. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Sure, but was alluding to the a general swatch of posts here from this TAN lad. Plenty interesting and insightful opinions but when said opinions are dressed up as absolutes or facts then I’ll call it out.
  7. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

But but but Clare are the bestest and we all need to listen to the gospel according to TAN.
  8. T

Memorable hurling matches

He hit it so hard it hit the stanchion of the crossbar and came back out 10-15 yards. The umpires didn’t dare disallow it :p My first Cork game was Munster final ‘92 against Limerick. Watching from atop a small stool on the Blackrock end I’ll never forget watching Muller hand passing the ball...
  9. T

Memorable hurling matches

Great shout. While I wasn’t there in person I reckon it was the greatest hurling game I’ve ever seen. For in person games, the Munster semi final against Clare in 2003 was some atmosphere. Cork fans were absolutely rabid that day. First game back after the strike and were given an outside...
  10. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

If that’s your take then fine. I’ll leave the author to rebut your other points. If (s)he feels inclined to do so.
  11. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

That’s a very reasonable and well considered post TAN. Some excellent points. Unfortunately there is a mindset whereby some Cork people will look at Clare and always expect to beat them and anything else is an abject failure. The reality is that Lohan and co have carefully built this team in a...
  12. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

It’s an excellent and insightful post. Give it the time to read.
  13. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

That’s a very one-eyed interpretation. It was certainly silly by SOD and arguably merited the yellow card for brainlessness but to suggest he stepped debatable I would suggest. O’Donnell went down like he was shot. He has previous in this. Both a brilliant and clever player.
  14. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Apologies - didn’t see that Pooman already posted this.
  15. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Not so. If we beat Limerick and Tipp and Waterford also beat Limerick would we not be tied on 4 with Limerick and have a better head to head and thus progress (assuming no other team on 4 points)..? Granted that this is an extremely unlikely scenario but nonetheless.
  16. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Not going to happen. The level of histrionics is crazy. Take a step back. This is not English soccer. I would personally think Pat Ryan should at least see out his term and would like him to stay. Getting Cork back as a serious contender is a longer term fix.
  17. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Quod erat demonstrandum :sneaky:
  18. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Dude - we get it. You’re down on this team / management / cork hurling culture etc. That’s all fair enough. I’m not saying you’re wrong and of course you are entitled to express your opinion. But you just keep throwing out the same garbage one-liners. Maybe add something productive or insightful?
  19. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Spot on. He also stopped the game for almost 2 mins in injury time when the Clare no. 4 went down injured.
  20. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Fair summation R&B. Maybe (maybe) we could get a point v Limerick. Granted that looks extremely unlikely but you’d never know. Tipp look absolutely woeful; though limerick do that to teams I suppose.