Search results

1. H

Ireland 2016?

So teetering on the brink of a double dip it looks like the next few years in the land of saints and scholars are going to be far from plain sailing, weather we drop off or not. I have a bad feeling we're going to rekindle the 80's for a little while at least. Strikes, cuts, closures...
  2. H

For Ruin - Atheos - Cor Mona

FOR RUIN ATHEOS COR MONA An Cruiscín Lán Fri 10th Sept 8.30pm €8 Drink promos - Sentinel Stall
  3. H

What if...

If the opposition parties walked out of Dail Eireann and refused to return until a general election was called what would happen? Can the government even function in this scenario? Obviously this would never happen due to the amount of balls required and the great risk to personal fortune of the...
  4. H

For Ruin - Album Launch - Cruiscin 30th Oct

For Ruin This Weary Hour A Distant Sun Molde Fri 30th Oct An Cruiscin Lan 8.30pm €7 For Ruin's new Album Last Light is available for FREE download from www.foruin.com
  5. H

Lisbon II - A hobbyhorse for nutters?

With so many conflicting viewpoints and so much contradictory yet increasingly vague arguments from both camps is anyone else of the opinion that Lisbon has been hijacked but nutjobs from the right and left wing who don't really know what its relevance is and are just enjoying being nutjobs? If...
  6. H

Property Tax

So is anyone else prepared to go to jail rather than be taxed for owning their own house? Mine is a work in progress (fixer upper) & Im renting in the interim so I really cant afford to pay a property tax out of the dwindling money Im saving for renovations so if or when this comes in Im going...
  7. H

Decent Property Solicitor

Can anyone recommend a good property conveyence & landlord/tennant solicitor in Cork? Cheers Feens n Beoars
  8. H

Question For Dan Boyle

Dan will ya please get someone to clean up all the Green party fliers that have been at the bottom of Nicholas Hill for the past 3 days? I see em every morning and wonder if you are taking the piss. Surely as your constituency office is 300 yards from them you have noticed?
  9. H

How much more of this is enough?

Its high time there was a national & public request for heads to roll in Leinster House. Its like something from Father Ted... From Irish Independent... "Cullen's €8,000 helicopter trip 'logistically necessary' TAXPAYERS forked out almost €8,000 this week to collect Tourism Minister Martin...
  10. H

Gardai raid Anglo Irish Offices

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0224/anglo.html Well its about time. Anyone reckon there'll actually be some kind of movement on this or (as I suspect) this is just a token response to stave off more government accusations and give the impression that the law applies to everyone (which it obviously...
  11. H

Public Service Cutbacks

So in light of the governments descision to increase the pension payments of the private sector to raise revenue what are the opinions of those here in both private and public sector? Personally Im in the private sector looking at possible 3 day weeks and maybe the dole in the near future. If I...
  12. H

Iggy Pop Flogging Insurance!

Anyone seen this ad yet? Iggy Pop shirtless (as ever) dancing around telling us how pleased he is with his insurance company. I know theres a recession and all but is he having us on? To quote Bill Hicks "he's off the artistic merit rollcall for life"
  13. H

Carnún Rising - Vercingetorix EP FREE DOWNLOAD!!!

Hallo dere.. New four track ep for free download on www.myspace.com/carnunrising Enjoy!
  14. H

Slayer Finalists Vote Off

Vote for Carnún Rising or Five Will Die By text to 086 8273336 8pm - 9pm Fri 8th June During "Transmisson" on RedFM Results at the end of the show. Cheers to all the other bands, people who showed up, venues and red fm. www.myspace.com/carnunrising