Search results

1. jeepers

Andreas Brehme RIP

Sad news. No further info. https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2024/0220/1433301-germany-world-cup-winner-brehme-dies-aged-63/ He'll always be remembered for this:
  2. jeepers

The Two Johnnies

How in the scuttering fuck did this happen? I'm sure they're considered to be gas crack altogether in the pub, after a few pints, but in the name of all the gods, leave it fucking there. RTE has scraped through the bottom of the barrel and are about to hit bedrock.
  3. jeepers

Replacement places in Asia thread

I'm assuming the previous one was pulled for an inappropriate thread title. Fairy nuff. I was responding to someone's comment that I must either be spending a fortune or that I was someone (who?) to have visited the countries I have, so my answer is here. I fecking wrote the thing out and then...
  4. jeepers

Dry robes at festivals

Went to Kaleidoscope at the weekend, really enjoyable. But the wearing of dry robes at it was horrifying. It's the middle class equivalent of going to the post office in your pyjamas. Fucktards. Burn em all.
  5. jeepers

Username update

I'm getting confused. Nan Slack is JT? Who the fuck is Kit Nichols? Is Fishy gone altogether? Feel free to add any more.
  6. jeepers

Timeline of Empires

I found this fascinating infographic from over 100 years ago on size and strength of various empires through the millennia. It's huge, so I really think it needs to be viewed on a laptop or tablet. https://www.visualcapitalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/histomap-big.html
  7. jeepers

Making your way in the world today

Takes everything you've got
  8. jeepers

The Holy Stone of Clonrichert

Knock has been elevated to international status by the pope, following an application for same by the local archbishop. Len would want to get the finger out on Clonrichert. The more ways we can part the gullible from their money, the better.
  9. jeepers

NGOs preventing de-carbonisation

Very good article on the need for new raw materials in the push to de-carbonise our economy. Unfortunately, NGOs have got very good at obstructing any and every natural resources project, to the point where even looking for the stuff is becoming increasingly difficult and politicised. There is...
  10. jeepers

Chuck Yeager Goes Boom

Sorry, couldn't resist it. The legendary test pilot, first person to break the sound barrier, has died at 97.
  11. jeepers

Sheikdom of Qatar Sexually Assaults Passengers

This would give you serious pause for thought if you were considering flying with any Middle Eastern airline. A new born baby was abandoned in Doha airport so the Qataris decide to perform vaginal inspections on the female passengers from a nearby flight. They're promising an investigation...
  12. jeepers

Keelin Shanley passes away

Noted on another thread, but she deserves a thread of her own.
  13. jeepers

Primary teachers masterclass

Nice few legs in that picture. Might be worth going to for anyone local? Thanks for letting us know, PROC.
  14. jeepers

Lesser known 80s sitcoms

The 80s was the golden era of sitcoms, with stuff like MASH and Cheers being two of the big ones, but there was a whole load of others as well. So let's hear it for the unsung heroes of 80s T.V. What are your top top obscure 80s sitcoms? I'm going with WKRP in Cincinnati, Benson (probably...
  15. jeepers

Midleton

Am on my holliers in Cork at the moment and passed through Midleton yesterday on the way home from the beach. Must have been 20 years since I've been there. Highly impressed. Thriving-looking spot, lots of independent traders. Close enough to town and the beach, lovely surrounding countryside...
  16. jeepers

Marie Tierney Cold Case

From the Indo: It's the husband, right?
  17. jeepers

Fernando Torres

Retiring next Sunday. He's won European and world cup glory with Spain and was virtually unplayable until injuries took their toll on his pace. Like Michael Owen, he never figured out how to compensate or adapt his game.
  18. jeepers

Lennart Johanssen RIP

Just read that he passed away a couple of days ago. The first major football figure to stand up to Blatter. May have been bitter due to losing FIFA presidential election, but at least he started to shine a light on the goings on.
  19. jeepers

Dumpland traffic

Ask any motorist about traffic congestion and they will regale you with tales of long queues, wasted time, and mounting frustration. It’s a global problem with some of the world’s greatest cities also being home to some of the world’s greatest traffic jams. One of the worst cities in the world...
  20. jeepers

Where does your dialect say you're from?

The New York Times reckons it can pinpoint where you're from by asking you a few questions about the words you use, and how you pronounce them. It's interesting. I'm clearly from southern Ireland, but it doesn't get more specific than that. I think it's because we're quite posh and say 'mum'...