Cork Footballers

He was head and shoulders corks best forward by country mile . Fellas on here tgat it was a toss up between himself and Sherlock got there answer today . Shanley and Walsh massive losses when going off and at least 1 goal and 3 not taken . All in all a huge improvement
Big improvement, long kick outs were a killer for cork today , put the lads on a back foot every time

The kicked low trajectory ball into our full forward line worked very well for the first 25 minutes. Our full forward line had the Kerry full back line in trouble during that period.

But then, we stopped doing it. I wonder why.

Our intensity appeared to drop too. Not as fit as Kerry? Many Cork players appeared to be out on their feet early on in the second half.

The kicked low trajectory ball into our full forward line worked very well for the first 25 minutes. Our full forward line had the Kerry full back line in trouble during that period.

But then, we stopped doing it. I wonder why. Our intensity appeared to drop too. Not as fit as Kerry?
Kevin Walsh got them in at half time came up with a " plan".

Thought Dan O’Mahoney was fantastic at full back, he can hold his head high this evening
All backs were excellen bar mattie (cul de sac mat)but going forward it will be the same system of play. Have we improved? Paul walsh was excellent today but why are we persisting with powter at 11. He was caught twice waiting for ball intercepted ball goes down the field mortal sin for me. He seems flat not an energy bullet anymore. We need to find a Centre forward fast.
I will give Corbett a pass today but he can't kick pts from 30 m, he must stay on edge of the box.
Brian Hurley is ou rbest club forward in the county but doesn't always turn up for his county but was excellent today . I love Chris og but poor today. Brian o Driscoll was not at the races.

Cork can look forward to the All Ireland campaign. Fucking stupid turnovers / unforced errors need to be minimised
Yeah. Some poor decision making in final quarter especially.
Kickouts were OK but no major upgrade on Martin.
Overall, encouraging but probably still need 3 or 4 more diamonds to be able to really compete with Kerry, Dublin,etc. Don't think management have yet figured out how to get best out of Corbett.

The lads gave it their all. We had to put more into the game than Kerry to stay with them and their style of play on the ball is way more efficient also.

The result was we has about 10 lads really running on empty by the last quarter of the game.

I'd like to see Corbett stay closer to goal with Hurley. Chris Og had a tough day at the office...he struggled to hold onto the ball at times. He'll bounce back.

Kelly very good on the kick outs and we competed very strong on the longer ones. O Mahony was really solid. Gave it to Clifford and never took a backwards step. All you can ask for.

We still have issues with our style (it requires too much effort to move the ball)and having to toil away in Div 2 isn't speeding up our progess as quick we'd like to see possibly.

Kerry will be in all Ireland semi or final again this year so the game will definitely bring our lads on ahead of the All Ireland.

Disappointed to lose to those f**ckers but I wouldn't be slating anyone off the back of that today.
Jones is good one on one but Kerry got men back on him in second half and stifled him . Who was marking Tom o Sullivan

our defenders played relatively well today especially in man marking roles. Mixed emotions for JC as Rory Maguire was sitting in stand and it was only a pleasure as far as I was concerned. Matt Taylor did lots of good things and lots of bad things. I’m not Brian Hurleys biggest fan but he had a fantastic game today and has given great service to cork. A learning experience for Corbett and Chrisog. There are plenty of positives to take.
Hurley was immense

We landed in the exact same spot in the league this year as last, we had almost the exact same result vs Kerry in the championship, we added zero debutants so far this year so it is a real question as to whether the whole group have plateaued at this level, imo they obviously have and another competitive showing in the group stage would seem what lies ahead.
To have not tried one single other player at midfield is bizarre when you know that a whole hearted player like Maguire will run out of gas at some stage, the half forward line offers nothing scoring wise and hasn’t been addressed, none of the subs bar Meehan who did fine offered anything all of them are experienced players and you would have expected more.
Whoever told them to drop off every kickout and sit back in the second half needs their head examined, their legs were gone with 10 minutes left from the tracking and tackling they had to do.
Kerry will improve I’m not at all convinced that cork will as the same problems have been there throughout this managements tenure.
Hurley was outstanding today hopefully he can bring that level of consistency forward

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼