Simon Harris, Glorious Leader

Creche fees.....who in their right mind would have a child while they are living in rented accommodation?
And in that future barren of young people because renters, (about half the population? ) where are we going to get the doctors, electricians and shop assistants we need?

Were already going to be a very old population by 2045, so yes, let's cripple people so much financially well have no people to any work when we're all pensioners

Put your hands on your head, simple speedy says .....

You are a fool
Look in the mirror Liam.

And in that future barren of young people because renters, (about half the population? ) where are we going to get the doctors, electricians and shop assistants we need?

Were already going to be a very old population by 2045, so yes, let's cripple people so much financially well have no people to any work when we're all pensioners

Put your hands on your head, simple speedy says .....

Look in the mirror Liam.
The pension age issue will be a big problem, I think i read that by 2040 there will be three over 65s out of every five people,
If people promise a full pension at 65 we will end up paying more taxes,

The pension age issue will be a big problem, I think i read that by 2040 there will be three over 65s out of every five people,
If people promise a full pension at 65 we will end up paying more taxes,
Yes, I can't remember the exact figures jimmy, but it's not good. We need young people to have children, they are the tax payers of the future.

And it's a fair deal. We provide them with education, healthcare and other infrastructure when they're growing
up and when they become adults they do the same for the elderly and the young people of their generation.

If we price young people out of reasonably priced accommodation, there's a great chance a significant portion of them will just leave and we will be even worse off than the projections make it now.

Yes, I can't remember the exact figures jimmy, but it's not good. We need young people to have children, they are the tax payers of the future.

And it's a fair deal. We provide them with education, healthcare and other infrastructure when they're growing
up and when they become adults they do the same for the elderly and the young people of their generation.

If we price young people out of reasonably priced accommodation, there's a great chance a significant portion of them will just leave and we will be even worse off than the projections make it now.
It's a complete ticking time bomb.
Home ownership has collapsed so people are putting off getting married and having kids for years.
This housing crisis affects every facet of society.
The brainless dregs on here are utterly clueless.
Harris admitted their targets for home building were way too conservative (as did Leo) yet the 🤡on here still won't admit they've broken the housing market.

People have been advised for years to take out a private pension, I did so 20 years ago and thankfully
it is now in a PRB , fluctuates some years but is doing ok, Many people scoff at the idea and dont look further down the road when they discover they only have the state pension to live on.

"How come they were not intelligent enough to stay at home with their parents work hard and save up for a deposit?"
So EVERYONE gets a job in the City they grew up in do they?
Nobody in Cork works in Dublin?
Or should they simply live at home and commute to Dublin every day?
I mean, the fact you wonder how I somehow" guessed" you were an uneducated oik says it all??

"Who has a child while renting" 😂😂😂.
I mean, where to even begin with the absolute stupidity.
Genuinely.
Are you familiar with the term generalising ?

How come so my wife's nephew is currently renting an apartment with his partner, working his ass off and saving hard.
He now is looking at buying a house and has mortgage approval.

He is from here and working in Dublin, so no it is not impossible.

Yes I can see alright how you find it funny that People in rented accommodation have kids, I mean it's ridiculous when one considers the cost of rearing children.

So again people put themselves in these situations and what, its all the Governments fault is it ?

Utter bullshit Liam. A neighbour of mine moved into her house in the 60s paying 2 pounds and ten schillings rent. But they had 13 pounds a week money, with one adult working while the kids, were growing up.

So in other words about 17% of their income on a house.

If you think Fine Gael and the other shower are not responsible for pushing house prices up to such an extent that a couple with one or two kids are badly struggling to get through, then you sir, are fucking deluded

Are you really this fucking simple? Everybody cannot get a better job. There will always be shop assistants, taxi drivers, receptionists and cross dressing bus drivers needed in our economy.

And that's fine. These people will need affordable accommodation or guess what?

The whole fucking system falls apart

Go and read the constitution you tit
What is bull shit and why the anger ?
Did I hit a nerve of yours ?

Are you seriously comparing the cost of building a house back in the 60's compared to now ?
You know with all the rules and regulations on everything, the cost of radon barriers, insulation to modern standards, emissions, the heating systems, the electrical systems etc ?

Are you also aware of the huge Public housing developments back in the late 60's when places like Mayfield and Togher were developed by Cork Corporation at the time ?

So you think that the current Government are purposely making it difficult for people to buy houses ?
You should explore that more rather than listening to the likes of SF/IRA, who are only playing the populist card and for which many are falling for.

No, I am not that simple at all, are you going to suggest that none of those, in the jobs you mentioned, do not and cannot get a mortgage?

Read the constitution you say, why would I need to do that prey tell ?

Are you going to tell me that someone is more responsible for children than the child's own parents ?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Brian Gallagher Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

18th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Sweet East (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼