Recycle / Re-Turn

View attachment 31255

Heading in the right direction anyway.

Wage inflation isn't at 5% or anything like it so it's little wonder that people are struggling to make ends meet. Just below 5% might be heading in the right direction compared to 7% or 8% but it's still far too high for it not to heavily impact on peoples' lives - particularly the less well off.

Wage inflation isn't at 5% or anything like it so it's little wonder that people are struggling to make ends meet. Just below 5% might be heading in the right direction compared to 7% or 8% but it's still far too high for it not to heavily impact on peoples' lives - particularly the less well off.
What would happen if you just gave everyone a massive pay rise?

Yes, massive inflation to pay for it.

Inflation is falling and by Q3 interest rates should also start falling as we end this cycle of high inflation and high interest rates and inflation itself down to 2% by early 2025.

What would happen if you just gave everyone a massive pay rise?

Yes, massive inflation to pay for it.

Inflation is falling and by Q3 interest rates should also start falling as we end this cycle of high inflation and high interest rates and inflation itself down to 2% by early 2025.

You're perpetuating the myth that wage increases cause the inflation in the first place. Inflation has outstripped wages for quite some time now.

In fact I think one of the Irish banks had a review recently and it showed that wage increases don't directly cause the inflation that we've seen.

But hey, you keep drinking the Right Wing Kool Aid Statty

You're perpetuating the myth that wage increases cause the inflation in the first place. Inflation has outstripped wages for quite some time now.

In fact I think one of the Irish banks had a review recently and it showed that wage increases don't directly cause the inflation that we've seen.

But hey, you keep drinking the Right Wing Kool Aid Statty
Economics 101.

Wage increases cause inflation because as the cost of producing goods and services goes up as companies pay their employees more.

Companies must charge more for their goods and services to maintain the same level of profitability to make up for the increase in cost.

You will just end up using your wage increase paying the higher prices as companies have to fund the wage increases by charging you extra.

Current inflation is caused by high energy costs and the post-C-19 costs and higher interest rates are slowly bringing down inflation.

Do you know Owen Jones
Just in case you don't
He is one of the most famous left wing activists in the UK.
So naturally that article will be biased.
The causes of inflation are better explained by those with out
vested interests both left and right wing

Went for a walk today around the commercial park where I work. Bought a nice chilled can of Fanta from the kiosk and paid for it along with the 15 cent deposit. Heavens opened before I got back to the office. Drenched to the skin. Can went in the bin. I would have had to bring that can home on the bus with me from work, all the while insuring it doesn’t get bent out of shape to claim back 15cent. Just not practical I’m afraid.

Went for a walk today around the commercial park where I work. Bought a nice chilled can of Fanta from the kiosk and paid for it along with the 15 cent deposit. Heavens opened before I got back to the office. Drenched to the skin. Can went in the bin. I would have had to bring that can home on the bus with me from work, all the while insuring it doesn’t get bent out of shape to claim back 15cent. Just not practical I’m afraid.
How dare you!

My sisters work place has a bin for that type of instance
They are going to divide the money between the office staff
When they return it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Public Service Broadcasting
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

11th Oct 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Not Another Disco

The Pavilion, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼