Pubs reopening June 29th

I wouldn't begrudge Mr. Warrior of any of this well deserved success. A man who employs hundreds of people in Cork and is single handedly keeping our city centre alive with his iconic racing pubs.

I actually read an interview with Richard Branson recently and he was asked who his greatest inspiration was, and he answered "Benny McCabe"
AHH here, he must be supplying you with some lube like. Unless you're the rough kind. 🤣

In fairness, he's some business man, and definitely knows how to run things good.

Can't fault him one bit for that.

AHH here, he must be supplying you with some lube like. Unless you're the rough kind. 🤣

In fairness, he's some business man, and definitely knows how to run things good.

Can't fault him one bit for that.

I just like to support a man who is doing everything he can for the betterment of his city.

I would consider Benny my best friend, and am thrilled to see him and his racing pubs doing so well.

I know its probably a stupid question but do you think there would be a market for a non racing pub where one could just have a relaxing pint sitting at the bar and enjoy the ambience and tranquility of the surroundings without feeing the need to stick a score on the five fifteen at Uttoxeter?

Or is it a case of I don't get out much anymore.
I always enter the Cheltenham buster, Benny does a great one in my local, and thoroughly enjoy it for the week. I won't back a horse or barely watch a race again until Grand Nationals, and probably won't do one after that until August or even December.

Beamish is of a quality across the board in fairness and across the seasons ,
Murphy’s is the slowest seller atm ,the odd French fella or a Douglas fella thinking he’s superior to a salt of the earth beamish drinker but I don’t know which place has the best ,
Guinness id always think mutton ,crane ,sin e bur standards are pretty high across every pub in the city these days
If I was to give you a catch all I’d say the best stouts are always in pubs that don’t do food,

Interesting rule of thumb.
Though a pint of stout can be good with grub maybe it's that the staff aren't distracted by culinary duties and can spend the time required to pull a good pint of stout.

Don't know why Murphy's is the slowest seller tbh - once you get it good it is imho the best of the lot. Not bitter, nor burnt, Sweet!

I go to the Oval and Sin E regularly and the beamish is always top class.

I love the mutton but for some reason I never end up there. I need to make an effort the next day I’m out in town.

If they couldn't do Beamish well in the Oval it might as well close its doors. Even the paneling in the pub harks back to when Beamish was just across the road. Tied House one suspects with that decor.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Tim Mullane

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼