Pubs reopening June 29th

Their sandwiches are good but overpriced.

:oops:

You're off your head if you think the sandwiches in The Valley are over-priced. Compare and contrast (that's not conflate btw ;)) the size, flavour, and cost of one of their sandwiches with what's available elsewhere in the city centre and I think The Valley comes out on top every time tbh.

:oops:

You're off your head if you think the sandwiches in The Valley are over-priced. Compare and contrast (that's not conflate btw ;)) the size, flavour, and cost of one of their sandwiches with what's available elsewhere in the city centre and I think The Valley comes out on top every time tbh.
Are you another one of these high-rolling truck drivers.

On another note, their website is an absolute abomination, as is their Facebook page.

Last night was unbelievably quiet around town, probably one of the quietest Fridays I've seen in a long time. I was walking home at around 1am and three was nobody on the streets, loads of taxis, and not a queue to be seen in any of the food outlets.

For the Friday of a Bank Holiday weekend, I was very surprised. I assume people are saving themselves for the rugby today and St Pattys tomorrow

Last night was unbelievably quiet around town, probably one of the quietest Fridays I've seen in a long time. I was walking home at around 1am and three was nobody on the streets, loads of taxis, and not a queue to be seen in any of the food outlets.

For the Friday of a Bank Holiday weekend, I was very surprised. I assume people are saving themselves for the rugby today and St Pattys tomorrow
Roads very quiet yesterday morning so I'd say a lot headed away Thursday night or after working from home yesterday. It's a bit of a City tradition for those with holiday homes etc. particularly for the dreadful pub jazz weekend. Plenty also heading away for short breaks in Lanza etc. with the exception of one particular radio host.....

Roads very quiet yesterday morning so I'd say a lot headed away Thursday night or after working from home yesterday. It's a bit of a City tradition for those with holiday homes etc. particularly for the dreadful pub jazz weekend. Plenty also heading away for short breaks in Lanza etc. with the exception of one particular radio host.....

And there's nobody visiting the city anymore due to the expensive hotels, high crime rates, and general poor condition of the place.

I was down int local yesterday evening and there was a couple from Brighton in who were looking for some trad. They had been to Sin E (which they left because it was too mental), Corner House, Counihans, and even the feckin Old Reliable, because they had looked up trad music in Cork and these were the places that came up. None of them had live trad on last night, and I was at a loss as to where I could send them. I eventually told them to give the Spailpin a go, but fuck knows what the music is like in there these days.

The Friday of Paddy's weekend, every pub in town should have a fucking trad session on ffs. Why should we expect tourists to come here and spend their money when we give them nothing in return. They're not coming for the weather like.

If I had foreign friends coming to Ireland for St. Patrick's Day I'd tell them to go to Galway, Ennis, Kilkenny, Killarney... basically anywhere but Cork. All you'll find in Cork are Racing Pubs and people fighting on the streets.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Cripple of Inishmaan

Cork Opera House, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼