Cork Hurlers - Part 2

No two ways about it in my view, TOM is a loss. A lot of revisionism going on, scroll back a few pages and majority of people’s “starting teams” contain TOM. Hopefully if true they can sort out the differences. If not then wish TOM all the best, inter county commitment is huge. Would never begrudge a bloke stepping away

TOM is a humongous loss if true but for me the story seems untrue even with the amount on here saying they have sources, TOM gave MC a dig which sent him back to cork for urgent surgery and then TOM decides to walk. Its baffling considering ive never heard of any behaviour like that out of Tim. But the amount of sources on here is worrying.

TOM is a humongous loss if true but for me the story seems untrue even with the amount on here saying they have sources, TOM gave MC a dig which sent him back to cork for urgent surgery and then TOM decides to walk. Its baffling considering ive never heard of any behaviour like that out of Tim. But the amount of sources on here is worrying.
I agree with this, it’s grand fellas posting up rumours and stuff but until anything gets confirmed that’s all they are, rumours

What’s worse is fellas wading in with “Tim has an attitude problem “ show the guy some respect ffs

If TOM has walked I do think it’s a loss as it reduces our options…. I heard this before the Coleman incident. I believe he walked during the week.

I hope the two are not connected but let me just say this.

These players put their lives on hold to play for Cork. If a player decides that he can’t continue to commit the time to it then I wouldn’t judge him at all for that. Worth remembering these lads are volunteers.

I hope the two are not connected but let me just say this.

These players put their lives on hold to play for Cork. If a player decides that he can’t continue to commit the time to it then I wouldn’t judge him at all for that. Worth remembering these lads are volunteers.
Also worth remembering that nobody is forcing them to do it. It's not like they're getting drafted into the army. Nobody is disputing the commitment levels are off the charts but they do it because they think the sacrifice is worth it. Agree no fella should get grief if he walks away, it's his life to live as he so wishes.

Also worth remembering that nobody is forcing them to do it. It's not like they're getting drafted into the army. Nobody is disputing the commitment levels are off the charts but they do it because they think the sacrifice is worth it. Agree no fella should get grief if he walks away, it's his life to live as he so wishes.
Agreed. And the moment they think it’s no longer worth it they walk away. Look at Stephen O’Keeffe in Waterford. He’d walk into the team if he came back but for his owns reasons he won’t and you’ve got to respect that. If Tim is gone it’s a pity but we move on.

You could also be a talking about Hoggy here though?
Difference I would think is Hoggy would be a very positive influence around training and towards younger players coming into panel.
From what I've heard well back into last season is TOM would be negative enough around the place and probably not helping the atmosphere

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

6th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼