Cork Hurlers - Part 2

You're comparing different eras really even though it doesn't feel that long ago, but it's 20 years or so which is long enough with how the game has evolved.
It's impossible to compare players who played at different times. So we'll never know if Niall Mac would have done well and adapted his game if he was a present day inter county forward.
Like most people that saw Christy Ring will say he was the greatest ever but the game his generation played wouldn't pass for junior B these days . Some of the games they showed from the 90's on TG4 during Covid were horrendous to watch back but back in the 1990s we thought they were unbelievable games
Christy Ring would make it in any era and is probably in top 5 players of all time and certainly our finest exponent of the ancient game. However I stick with my original argument that Niall Mc would be eaten alive by the current Limerick half back line. Our team of the seventies would have given them a right game but not the 99-05 team.

Wonder if Cunningham's injury and missing most of the league will hamper chances of him breaking into the team and having an impact come championship.
Based on what we have seen in the league so far there’s a place there for him if he’s good enough. Very few nailed on certain starters in that forward division in most peoples views.

He has two games now to make an impact - only time will tell whether the injury interrupted preseason has messed him up. Based on last year with the U20 he is definitely a guy who’s worth giving a few league games to prove his value. Hopefully he gets on the field against Offaly and especially Wexford park which will be a real test against a physical team on what’s often a soft pitch.

I have not posted on here for a long time because of the ridiculous nature this place has been for a while. But I will say this when someone brings up something like a traffic offence against a player from a club whom maybe they don’t like that’s a new low . If you want to talk about hurting then I love people opinions but this nonsense about attacking players from our own county is embarrassing and ridiculous.
Ah go easy, it's all over the Echo paper and internet. Go back to not posting

I have not posted on here for a long time because of the ridiculous nature this place has been for a while. But I will say this when someone brings up something like a traffic offence against a player from a club whom maybe they don’t like that’s a new low . If you want to talk about hurting then I love people opinions but this nonsense about attacking players from our own county is embarrassing and ridiculous.
Well said brother

Manky Panky showing his true colours again

Wonder if Cunningham's injury and missing most of the league will hamper chances of him breaking into the team and having an impact come championship.
Of course it has, had he been fit and performed well in the games played he would be frontline for a start, but now he is still in the untried territory. Either way he could be a good option from the bench come championship

I hope they start him in both upcoming games but only if he’s fit as he’s been messed around a lot already over injuries. We need to look after him

In fairness Cunningham’s own barrister brought up that he’s a Cork player in court as if that’s some sort of reason for leniency. He shouldn’t be demonised entirely for this but he shouldn’t get preferential treatment either.
Cranky, I agree, being a cork player has no relevance to court business

But this is the cork hurling thread and court proceedings have no business here either

Cranky, I agree, being a cork player has no relevance to court business

But this is the cork hurling thread and court proceedings have no business here either
I completely agree with you there. Won’t post anymore about it on this thread.

The match next week can’t come quick enough, this thread has been even more mad this week than usual!!

I completely agree with you there. Won’t post anymore about it on this thread.

The match next week can’t come quick enough, this thread has been even more mad this week than usual!!
That’s some going 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I can’t wait for Sunday week, although I have been critical of team selection before games and performances after games, I do think we are holding back a little, as are most other teams too to be fair

I’d love to see us pick the bulk of our championship team ahainst Offaly and try bed them in together over the next few games, Dalton and Fitzy are only coming back from injury so I don’t expect them to start

I would start Saunderson as to only give him one game would see him undercooked if we had to bring him on

I would also start Eoin Roche as I felt he was very assured at full back and could push Damien hard

Without trying to restart WW3 Coleman’s positioning next week will be very interesting, if they start him midfield I think we would learn a lot more about our options with him

I hope they leave Hoggy on the bench again just to see what way it works with him coming on, it would be another box ticked

My team for Offaly would be

BSaunderson
EDowney BRoche GMellerick
DCahalane CJoyce RDowney
TOConnell MColeman
STwomey SBarrett TOMahony
JOConnor SHarnedy AConnolly

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm