Cork Footballers

Panel named before training Friday and he walked out after it was named cause he wasn’t on it.
A great attitude.
A young man who is probably very frustrated at what’s going on. No doubt lots to the story.
But you’d have to wonder how well he is being managed if the panel announcement came as a shock/last straw for him
He showed very well in the little time he got this year in the Teddy Mc & McGrath Cup. Hardly no time in the league. Considering Corks performances and results in those games any ambitious guy must have been pulling his hair out

Hard to blame Blake Murphy. I saw him in the Teddy Mac game and both himself and Corbett looked like proper forwards. He should have got an extended run on that team as he’s definitely got something that’s in very short supply among cork forwards. Shameful treatment in fairness.
I agree. He was Corks 2nd best after Corbett in the early season. Not a whiff since. On the face of it, it seems terrible treatment. Doesn’t make sense.
Obviously I don’t know what Cleary or his selectors don’t value in BM, but when shot conversion is this teams biggest weakness by a long way it’s hard to understand how a scoring forward isn’t getting a run

A young man who is probably very frustrated at what’s going on. No doubt lots to the story.
But you’d have to wonder how well he is being managed if the panel announcement came as a shock/last straw for him
He showed very well in the little time he got this year in the Teddy Mc & McGrath Cup. Hardly no time in the league. Considering Corks performances and results in those games any ambitious guy must have been pulling his hair out
I think we are all frustrated at the moment.

Somebody said to me last Thursday did I know when the squad was being announced for the weekend. I said no, and had no interest. He looked at me puzzled as I attend as many games as I possibly can. I replied that there was no point in paying attention to the team announcement as JC and co stick with 90% of the same squad every game. Consistency is great, but usually only when heading in the right direction,

Cork are stagnant if not regressing on last year, and that is me being optimistic. I genuinely believe they overachieved last year. However, what annoys me the most is the persistent use of the trialed and tested. I would rather rebuild and get relegated and try break this cycle, believe me if this continues, we will be relegated by next year, if not this year. The only positive is Meath and Kildare are crumbling themselves.

Fresh, fresh blood is needed on the pitch and sideline next season. Every player gives their all for Cork, they deserve praise for same, however many just won’t cut it. As for our management team, they are all great football men but they can’t seem to get the recipe for prolonged progress, I firmly believe last year was an outlier.

Look lads, as mentioned above he's not from West Cork. They have Cork football ruined. It's high time someone up high called this out. You'd think that Counihan not being from there that he'd rattle a few cages.

Year in, year out at all levels they are destroying players who don't hail from their neck of the woods. Its happening at all ages and by the time some lads reach 20/21 its already too late for them. They are lost to football for good.

Look lads, as mentioned above he's not from West Cork. They have Cork football ruined. It's high time someone up high called this out. You'd think that Counihan not being from there that he'd rattle a few cages.

Year in, year out at all levels they are destroying players who don't hail from their neck of the woods. Its happening at all ages and by the time some lads reach 20/21 its already too late for them. They are lost to football for good.
Another reason why a county wide schools based elite development system would be better for Cork football.. Give fellas a better chance.
About 5 years ago, one of the 3 best footballers in our division at U14 was not selected by rebel of to be in the 100 players to be part of the initial development squad, despite scoring 1-6 in the 2 trials.. An outrageous call..
The top scorer in hurling in the region even still to this day about 5 years later wasn’t picked either. 😂😂😂

Another reason why a county wide schools based elite development system would be better for Cork football.. Give fellas a better chance.
About 5 years ago, one of the 3 best footballers in our division at U14 was not selected by rebel of to be in the 100 players to be part of the initial development squad, despite scoring 1-6 in the 2 trials.. An outrageous call..
The top scorer in hurling in the region even still to this day about 5 years later wasn’t picked either. 😂😂😂
That happens every year without fail. Tbf I think it prob happens less so in hurling but I'm sure it does happen

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Laugh Gaff Comedy

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼