2022 Premier Senior Hurling

Only in the land of soft cork hurling is that a red card. And we wonder why hurling is where it is. My god. Since when do the cou ty board appoint refs from the neighbouring club to referee big games? Cant imagine a ref from a village beside newtown getting the job today.

Well holy god, we are back in a Senior Hurling County Final, I really feared I would never see these days again 🇺🇦

The better team won today, we were on fire until the first sending off, which was very harsh to be fair, a yellow would have sufficed, but as often happens the team with 14 men dig deep and worked their way back into the game by half time, and fair credit to Newtown for that, but Ben’s goal just after the resumption killed the game stone dead.

It wasn’t our most consistent performance, something you get with young fellas, but we looked electric in stages, bottom line is it’s job done and now we move on to Blackrock in 2 weeks time.

The football semi final next week now takes on a huge significance on a number of fronts, can we keep the winning run going? Can the dual players survive another week on week championship game? And will the Cahalane brothers scenario affect the spirit in the hurling camp?

There’s an awful lot to be worried about before you even start to consider the opposition, the Rockies for me have been the best team in Cork for the last 3 years and look like they have found form at the right time.

But, I’ll tell ye this, they will have to earn the right to be crowned County Champions again

I said when the group stages were over that we will see an all city county final and this is the pairing I had in mind. A traditional city final will bring back memories of the battles we had in late 70s and early 80s. Truly remarkable times they were and maybe we might be seeing them days again, Cork hurling needs it

Only in the land of soft cork hurling is that a red card. And we wonder why hurling is where it is. My god. Since when do the cou ty board appoint refs from the neighbouring club to referee big games? Cant imagine a ref from a village beside newtown getting the job today.
You do realise having a Nemo man reffing our game was far from an advantage? 🙄🙄🙄

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Io Capitano (15A)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

1st May 2024 @ 8:05 pm
More info..

Souldriven

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼