Recent content by yorkshirelass

1. Y

Warsaw

Am likely to be there short notice next week and need to book tomorrow. Any quick recommendations on a business traveller hotel, centralish, with nearby restaurants and bars? I will search online obviously but if anyone knows the city well please shout. Ta.
  2. Y

Crystals

Bit of a random one. Has anyone ever got into crystals, in terms of collecting and understanding their properties? Any positive experiences or tips? A friend of mine is starting a wholesale business. He gave me a piece of moldavite, which I'd not heard of before, and I've been reading up on how...
  3. Y

Offspring

Who has them and who wants them? Any views on the pros and cons?
  4. Y

Summer Foods

What are your favourite types of food and drink whilst it's warm (as it has been)? My new favourite salad is chicory and avocado with a french dressing, so refreshing. Then fajitas and kebabs done on the BBQ (veggie of course), and fruit from the market and greek yoghurt/honey. To drink...
  5. Y

Crying at Work

Is it ever acceptable? Could it be a positive thing? Do you/have you done it?
  6. Y

Make a statement about the next poster

First up... The next poster is well seasoned.
  7. Y

Toughmudder

Has anyone completed it and if so would you recommend? I've an invite to join a team but I'm a bit scared by the online descriptions to be honest.
  8. Y

Running

Who on here runs for fun? If so why, and what training are you doing at the moment? Any interesting tips? I've a half and a full marathon coming up this summer, having not run regularly for years, and whilst the training is going ok am trying to keep the momentum up as much as I can.
  9. Y

The Apprentice

Dare I ask if anyone's tuned in yet? I ended up with it last night, it's turned overtly comical by the looks of it, and none of the contestants are remotely three dimensional. The girls are really quite bouffant now too.
  10. Y

Piercings and Tattoos

What have you got and why? I'll start - no tattoos, and a belly piercing. Lip and tongue retired, but I am thinking of a rook and tragus combination. Would happily have a tattoo if I could think of something I knew I would always like (hard, I hate my clothes after 2 months or so). Not...
  11. Y

Introverts

I am an introvert who does reasonably well at behaving extrovertly when I need to, or when it's most appropriate. But, the truth is that I reenergise and do my most productive thinking when I'm alone, in smaller groups, or in a quieter environment. I do really care about others, and try my...
  12. Y

You Inbox At Work

At work... Do you tend to clear it out daily or just leave pages of stuff in it waiting to be dealt with? If mine gets over 50 emails in it, I start to get a bit panicky, and make a point of clearing it totally once a week. It really annoys me when people don't read emails and reply within...
  13. Y

How are you doing?

Been a couple of years at least. Hope you're all well??
  14. Y

Way to much effort for December 19th

Now is the time to start winding down for Xmas isn't it? (Come on back me up) I sooo can't be bothered, and it's Friday!
  15. Y

Gap year travel - misery tourism?

A friend of mine who edits a student newspaper sent me this... Ok so the article appears to be written by a ranting 'Guardianista' but is there a grain of truth in there? Did you have a gap year and was it worth it? I didn't. Bloody hell I wish I was somewhere hot and remote now :( Tanya...