Recent content by DanDan

1. D

Musgrave versus Marquee Not Good

Competition could be healthy, if it were on a level playing field. But for instance China illegally copies Western Inventions, then produces them in extreme low cost environments. Close to slavery. Do Aldi and Lidl buy fairly? sustainably? Wealth is migrating at exponentially increasing...
  2. D

Ah, Stalky never fails to respond, always negative gibberish, and with pathetic whining snide. So Stalky, Ryanair are a good thing in your estimation? Good for who? The Planet? People? Who? Aldi and Lidl supply a lot of cheap stuff. Who do they buy this from? Who benefits? My comment re...
  3. D

Thats competition is it not ? Obviously it is. But is competition always good per se? Tesco, Marks, Lidl, Aldi, have vast resources which can be destructive socially. In other EC Cities where people actually live there are Bakeries, Fishmongers, Fruit and Veg, shops on every second block...
  4. D

I can hear Musgrave Park in Douglas. Competing Blues and Film Festivals have not gone well for anybody.
  5. D

The Marquee is indeed at the River side of a large residential zone. But Musgrave Park is surrounded closely on all sides. More importantly it is in the Tramore Valley. Sounds made in the Tramore Valley fill it entirely, e.g. Vernon Mount. Musgrave Park is very audible at Douglas. I suspect both...
  6. D

Live at the Marquee has proved years of great shows to Cork. Now another promoter is running a similar string of events. AT THE SAME TIME. This choice has to hurt both ventures. In the past we had a Blues Festival, then two, now none. We have two weak Film Festivals. Musgrave Park is surrounded...
  7. D

No Parking = No City

Meanwhile The City Centre is withering on the vine. Tired. So many empty boarded up buildings.
  8. D

Bob Bradshaw Band Counihans

Mitchelstown Man.... Bob Bradshaw homecoming tour with his US Band right in the Cork City Centre next Saturday night. Rare treat.
  9. D

No Parking = No City

Wow Hank, you have the Power! You quietened them.
  10. D

No Parking = No City

Jaysus, that MaryLou profile pic is appropriate. A stickler for discipline and rules eh? My words are often deliberately SPELLED using Capital Letters to draw attention to them, to add layers of meaning, etc. In this case of course Plant referred to a present entity Stalky. Do try to keep up...
  11. D

No Parking = No City

It is indeed quite a phenomenon Hank. Hysterically though, she, he, or it, will never stop arguing against simple realities like the vast amount of City Centre buildings which are boarded up............ They say that Plants have intelligence, but perhaps not without the top part, as we see in...
  12. D

No Parking = No City

Is can almost see the perverted JOY that Cork air pollution hit an unusual peak yesterday. Wayhay guys...... remember the night we had when we died for Ireland? Today the AQI is 12 i.e. Good. Forecast for every day in the coming week, Good. https://www.iqair.com/ireland/munster/cork
  13. D

No Parking = No City

The word Green used to mean inexperienced, easily misled. Welcome back. Stalky me Auld Flower, you are Green, but without Flower, i.e. Headless. Stalky's Belief system is right up there with any Fundamentalist. Some Greenery:- Stalky :-Cork has an excellent Public Transport System...
  14. D

No Parking = No City

There is a useful side effect to Stalky's lastworditis....... It keeps the topic visible on the forum! I have noted amongst my own pals that those who live in town really don't really appreciate how much of a pain in the arse the removal of Parking is. There is clearly a wish for coffee shops...
  15. D

No Parking = No City

The provenance of such reports, or are they propaganda? is suspect. Stalky has an auto notice so it can reply contradicting absolutely every post I make. Do a search. Classic Troll. Cork City Centre is blatantly and obviously dying. Elsewhere such experiments started long ago and now...